Suggested Calorie intake question

Options
does MFP update your suggested calorie intake as you loose weight or is this something I should be doing manually? If manually, can I just get the goals to "recalculate"?
Thanks! And sorry for the weird question, I don't have permission to post in the tech help board :/

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Automatically every set number of pounds. 5? 10? Not sure.

You can always trigger it though. Just rerun your goals -- you don't even have to change them, just go in, click guided (or manual or however you have it done), look it over, save it. Your calorie target will change if it needs to!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Automatically every set number of pounds. 5? 10? Not sure.

You can always trigger it though. Just rerun your goals -- you don't even have to change them, just go in, click guided (or manual or however you have it done), look it over, save it. Your calorie target will change if it needs to!

Ok, that's what I've been doing. Nothing's changed in a 25lb loss so I was wondering if I was missing something!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It will do it automatically if you've set your goals according to MFP's guided system.

I've noticed that if you customize your goals, it won't do this anymore. You'll have to go in and change it yourself.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, it does it automatically.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    It will do it automatically if you've set your goals according to MFP's guided system.

I've noticed that if you customize your goals, it won't do this anymore. You'll have to go in and change it yourself.

I use guided and you will get a message saying "You have not changed your goals since you lost 10 lb. We recommend that you do it now". Yes, you have to do it manually, but MFP will remind you.

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I use guided and you will get a message saying "You have not changed your goals since you lost 10 lb. We recommend that you do it now". Yes, you have to do it manually, but MFP will remind you.

Huh. I used MFP goals (I assumed anyway) and I haven't got that. No matter! It's an easy thing to remember, thanks!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've never had it suggest it to me, but I only ever use the web. I think it might make a suggestion on the app?

I've had to go in and reset them myself.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I've never had it suggest it to me, but I only ever use the web. I think it might make a suggestion on the app?

I've had to go in and reset them myself.

I only use the web and get that each time I have lost 10 or more lb. since my last update.

• earlnabby
    Options

Huh. I used MFP goals (I assumed anyway) and I haven't got that. No matter! It's an easy thing to remember, thanks!

If you use the MFP defaults it won't tell you to do updates, it automatically does it for you. It only does it if you use custom settings.

• earlnabby
    Options

I just realized I said I use "guided" in this post. I meant to say I use "custom". Sorry for the confusion.

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Every time I log in a new weight, I go and rerun my goals so the calories adjust so I'm always at the correct deficit.