Does anyone else....??

Options
Okay.. So I've lost approx 35 lbs. I look different, of course.
My thing is.. I just saw a picture of me taken this past weekend and I look great, people have made comments and such...

So why... WHY after seeing that pic did I totally blow my food choices?!
Ugh!!! SO frustrating.
Does anyone else know what I am saying?!? Can you relate?!
Please tell me I am not the only one....

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one...I "celebrate" sometimes after seeing the scale drop. I guess I get it in my head a deserve it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to ruin all the progress that you have made. We all have days where we go over our calories, planned or not. Just get back to it.
  • Big_Bad
    Big_Bad Posts: 57
    Options
    Mind F*cking. We all love to self-sabotage.

That or believing that you're all done and there's no more work necessary. A lot of people don't realize that the battle never ends. Losing the weight is just part of the war.

Also, you could be thinking that you deserve a break. After I finished my first race I ate like c*ap for a week. Just completely didn't log or anything. I was rewarding myself for a job well done and surviving. I'm actually working on getting back on track right now. It's so easy to fall off track.

Look into the basics of social psychology. So much of what we think and how we interact is completely subconscious. You may not even realize your thought patterns. It can be very frustrating.

Don't beat yourself up about it though. It's all part of the process. In my eyes, the longer the path to your goal weight, body fat %, etc. the better. Lifestyle changes, baby!
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did that the day after I found out I reached my first fitness goal... I drank 2 1/2 bottles of wine after not drinking for like a month! LOL

meh... got my *kitten* back in gear the following Monday :)
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I think you'll be fine. When you are given compliments and give our own self praise regarding your accomplishments, treat yourself to something besides food: a mani/pedi, new workout gear, a massage, a bouquet for yourself, a hot bath, or a fun exercise class =) And don't worry, you won't gain it all back after one bad day. Today is a new day and you can get back on track. Good luck!!
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awe!! Thanks!! And you are so right!