For the ladies : How do you control cravings during "the curse"

Options
13»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i make it work within my calories or bump my cals up a hundred or so for a couple of days no biggie. some months i have horrible cravings, others (like this one) none at all. go figure ;/

and people still call it ' the curse' . how.... weird. and 1950's :/ LOL
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I try to keep myself in check, though that can get preeeettty darn hard at the time of the month. From what I read somewhere, we're losing nutrients and burning more calories during our time of the month, so i'm a bit more lax on my calories for that 4 days or so. Without going overboard of course. I find that munching on cereal or having 1 piece of Jolly Rancher helps me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you had posted this a couple weeks ago, i'd have had all sorts of advice. But I changed birth control and got my first dose of new and improved PMS today and all I can say, on my own behalf is - if it stops you killing anyone, eat it. Eat it all.
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There is a chart that I've seen that explains what your craving mean, like what vitamin you are missing. I know that if you're craving chocolate, you need magnesium. Here is a pinterest link for it. https://www.pinterest.com/explore/food-craving-chart/

this is super true... also.. having worked out for the last 15 years... i've noticed the its during this time that... when I work out more.. my pain reduces.. and it helps me more in managing my weight... when I get the pain I tend to wear shape wear as that helps pull my tummy in...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    Jennloella wrote: »
    The same as every other day... I dunno I don't get the hype.

This here for me too...

consider yourselves lucky then

Meh, not really... I just learned to accept a normal body function that has been happening for over 20 years.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    and people still call it ' the curse' . how.... weird. and 1950's :/ LOL

So much this.... :noway: