Friends to gain weight with?

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lckoby wrote: »
    I'm glad the tracking is helping. It's helping me with new recipes I saw something with 2 eggs and a banana. Mix it up in a batter and cook them into small pancakes. Seems easy and good.

That is typically a recipe that is recommended for people trying to cut carbs. If you're trying to gain weight, you'd likely do better to have regular pancakes and either mash bananas into the batter or just serve them on top. More calories to help you to reach your goal.
  • lckoby
    lckoby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok. What are some alternative lunches. Quesadillas and turkey sandwiches are getting a bit stale...
  • RosellaAltman
    RosellaAltman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 28-year-old female. I've been underweight most of my life. I'm 5'6". I had been maintaining between 108 and 114 for about 4 years and then in the past year I dropped to 100. I'm trying to gain what I lost and then some. I'd like to be a healthy 118 by the time my husband and I are ready for kids in roughly two years. Feel free to add me.
  • shoronnewhitehead
    shoronnewhitehead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I understand what she means by slim thick. People are so caught up in either wanting to be slim or hating on the slim for being that way its hard to understand. People treat us natrually slim people like we are evil even though 95% of us eat what we want but fat doesnt even get to know our bodies. Im 28 with an 8 year old and am smaller than i was before ever getting prego... I lost all my baby wieght (20 pounds) in about 3 months! No gut no stretching nothing. I rapidly lost wiegh after stopping my birth control 2 years ago and now having fertility issues since my wieght is low. But no pun intended im soft in all the right places i actually do the wiggle dance when i pull up my jeans but I just want to add a bit more cushion, so lss I know wjat she means when she says being slim thick. Honestly keep drinking lots of water, take Maca and Flaxseed, and Womens Multivitamin will help stabilize everything.
  • gottalovestace
    gottalovestace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    peanutk81 wrote: »
    33 yr old female. Just had my second baby. Breastfeeding and lost too much weight. Always had weight issues and anorexia as a teen. Now 5 foot 7 and 100 pounds. Need a good 15-20. Trying to work hard at this goal for my sons. Needing support as well. Nice to meet you all!
    peanutk81 wrote: »
    33 yr old female. Just had my second baby. Breastfeeding and lotto much weight. Always had weight issues and anorexia as a teen. Now 5 foot 7 and 100 pounds. Need a good 15-20. Trying to work hard at this goal for my sons. Needing support as well. Nice to meet you all!

• gottalovestace
    gottalovestace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. Good luck . Feel free to add me
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    As for lunches, an easy way to increase the calories is to add avocado, cheese, or mayo/salad dressing to your salad or sandwich. Go for full-fat items instead of "light." If you are stuck in a turkey rut, try ham or roast beef.

I also add protein powder or 1/2 protein shake to my coffee after workouts.
  • lckoby
    Options
    I bought avocado. I'm having trouble cutting it. Do I scrape the dark green by the peel?
  • lckoby
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 28-year-old female. I've been underweight most of my life. I'm 5'6". I had been maintaining between 108 and 114 for about 4 years and then in the past year I dropped to 100. I'm trying to gain what I lost and then some. I'd like to be a healthy 118 by the time my husband and I are ready for kids in roughly two years. Feel free to add me.

Hello! Are you struggling to add calories? Do you eat meat?
  • waterhouse235
    waterhouse235 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi 28yr old male always been small not been able to gain weight (does not help having a eating disorder) looking to get to about 10st current at 9.4 I managed to put a stone and a half on in 7 month, by starting at a gym and i had 2 proiten mass gainer shakes twice a day hope this helps
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    emlou112 wrote: »
    lckoby wrote: »
    Hi. How's it going? We can help each other in this journey. Try to have a healthy breakfast. How can I help you?

Hi, do you have any breakfast suggestions? I struggle to eat in the morning due to lack of apetite and time constraints.

Also tryin to gain great if we help each other
  • lckoby
    Options
    Hello. What are your goals?
  • slcnmec1213
    slcnmec1213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello im 25 and im having issues with not eating
  • rachelyahyah
    rachelyahyah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to this app and like it already. I'm a 32 yo female, 2 kids (almost 10 and 2). I lost a lot of weight nursing until last summer and from working a high stress job. I've struggled with food all my life. Basically I eat to survive. Been thin, maybe even "skinny-fat" at times...some days would only eat once or twice a day..but then would binge eat at night becosse I was depriving my body of many nutrients by not eating. I started my gym journey just over 3 months ago...I'm trying to gain muscle and just become stronger. I realize to gain muscle means to eat and gain more weight....but I'm struggling with eating enough...and enjoying the process of gaining fat too. Good luck and stay strong! One day at a time :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    in for the gainz
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    nightwear wrote: »
    On board. 155lb at 5'10, 31yo male.
    Wanna gain 10-15. I workout too much and eat too bad at times. Terminal calorie deficit. I don't enjoy eating is my prob. Many love to eat. I do not. I see food only as fuel.

Having to eat,the fact that I ~have~ to eat because I am so thin, makes it a chore for me. Not very enjoyable. So, realising it's my mindset, I'm working on it lol. Best of luck and let me know if you find a solution!
  • lckoby
    Options
    It is mind set. Continue to replace negative thoughts with positive true sets. Recognize the negative thoughts and stop them from tumbling into further lies. Good luck. Life is too short to be controlled by food!
    scottf4413 wrote: »
    Wanna gain 10-15. I workout too much and eat too bad at times. Terminal calorie deficit. I don't enjoy eating is my prob. Many love to eat. I do not. I see food only as fuel.

Having to eat,the fact that I ~have~ to eat because I am so thin, makes it a chore for me. Not very enjoyable. So, realising it's my mindset, I'm working on it lol. Best of luck and let me know if you find a solution!

• hchunu20
    hchunu20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, 18 years old who has always been tiny for a while now. I'm 99st and hopefully want to gain 15st. I plan to start resistance training, and dumbbells in my workout routine. I would love any advice if you have any :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    scottf4413 wrote: »

It's all about the dense foods, my man.

Peanut butter is just shy of 100 cals per tbsp. 1oz of almonds (28g--a large handful) is ~170 cal.

Or just eat a bunch of ice cream. :mrgreen:

Or bacon :mrgreen::mrgreen: