This Diet This, This Diet That !!!

Options
i have avoided many things that are really bad for me, alcohol, chips, sodas, breads, foods too high on starch or with too much sodium. I'm trying to control my eating habits ( it's sooo hard). I'm 6'4. 290lbs. Looking to drop to 260 or 250. Any recipes you can share that make me feel full but don't have too much Carbohydrates, SodIum or something that will be harm?? I also need to drop my Triglycerides, I'm already taking 1000mg of fish oil pills for it.

Replies

• Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Zucchini Sticks
    zlddma.jpg

Ingredients:
    -1 zucchini
    -2 tablespoons shredded cheese
    -1/2 teaspoon olive oil
    -pinch of ground black pepper
    -pinch of salt (optional)
    -garlic powder (optional)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse the zucchini, dry, and slice vertically in half. Spread a very thin layer of olive oil over the flesh top of each zucchini half. Sprinkle some pepper, salt, and garlic powder along the top of each half. Next, sprinkle shredded cheese on the top of each half. Place zucchini halves (flesh side up) on a non stick baking pan or aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes then broil for another 5-10 minutes (watch carefully). The cheese will be lightly browned when ready.

Egg Muffins
    28847ci.jpg

Ingredients:
    -1 egg
    -2 egg whites
    -1 tablespoon milk
    -pinch of shredded cheese (optional)
    -1/4 cup vegetable of choice (optional)
    -1/4 meat of choice (optional)

Directions:
    Beat the egg and whites in a bowl along with the milk then spray/oil a muffin pan and fill each one out evenly (it should fill 3). Bake on 300 for 5-10 minutes (check every few minutes). They will all rise while cooking. If you want to add cheese, meat, and/or veggies then add it to the mix before pouring.

Avocado Salad
    34xnb89.jpg

Ingredients:
    -1/2 avocado (chopped) 125 cal
    -6-8 small pitted black olives 15 cal
    -1 medium tomato (chopped) 22 cal
    -1/3 cup mushrooms (chopped) 8 cal
    -1 tablespoon italian dressing 35 cal
    -1/4 cup feta cheese (optional but recommended) 99 cal
    TOTAL CAL = 305

Directions:
    Mix ingredients together in desired order. Amounts vary here. It depends how big/small you like your salads and if you are having it as a side salad or a meal, but remember avocado is high in calories, as is dressing. You can add croutons, sunflower seeds, bacon bits, cottage cheese, and more ingredients if you want but the above ingredients is the basic avocado salad and average measurements.