PT session - calories burned?

Options
Hi
Recently started working out with a PT. how do I log the calories burned? It's mainly strength training with some cardio . Search for exercises separately or is there an average?
Thanks

Replies

• ZijadaC
    ZijadaC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No don't use a HRM, pointless for strength training and will give a very inflated estimate.

Enter cardio duration and strength training separately for a rough estimate.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually estimate about 300 for a PT session. I usually do a warm up on the elliptical or rower, then do cardio intervals, or row 1000-2000m fast, then do tabata (boxing, burpees, kettlebells etc) then hit the heavy weights. With the weights you continue to burn after the session too.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't log my training calories, my trainer has suggested I not eat back any exercise calories. I am like you, strength training with some cardio. If I do log just for my records, I usually log 1 calorie.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'd guesstimate 300 for an hour too. Use that as a starting point and follow the planned calories. See how your weight loss pans out after a month. Don't overthink it too much. You should see results based on sticking to your calorie goal and feel much better physically.