seriously please help!

I am 5 1/2 months postpartum and basically I am stuck. I was bodybuilding prior to getting pregnant and gained a lot of muscle. I gained 47 pounds during my pregnancy due to slowing down in the gym, eating everything I craved and not tracking calories. I have lost 34 of those pounds, but now it's not wanting to come off and some days I'll wake up and weigh more than I did the day before! I am going to the gym at LEAST 5 days a week doing 2 days of legs, 2 days of upper body, and one day of just cardio! I always do a warm up of cardio prior to working out too. I am eating super clean along with my calories counting. I am set for 1500 calories, but try and eat around 1200... I just don't get why or how I am not losing weight!!!

Replies

• kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    It will happen. Be patient. And eat to your goal of 1500. If you're lifting heavy, it will be a slower process but as you know, better overall for your appearance! Not crash diet. I did that after my postpartum weight loss stopped, and then I regained 15 pounds of it! Now I'm going slow.... Just keep doing the right things and you will get the results you deserve.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    You are not even six months postpartum and you have lost 34 pounds. How long have you been stuck?
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Just be patient. Your body's working through a lot right now, but eventually everything will return to working order.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Weight loss is not linear, and it goes up/down constantly. How long has it been since you lost? How are you determining how much you're eating (food scale/measuring cups/eyeballing portions)? Additionally, 13 pounds to lose can take some time.