Chicken and veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Lol relax everyone. I realize my recommendation was in poor taste. Generally the more fit you are, the more you can eat whatever you want. The implied exercise that had you achieve your level of fitness just inherently allows for a broader range of foods, this is the prize you win for having consistency in the diet, and working hard in the gym.

Yes. in 2010 i got to competition shape eating pretty much only KFC with refeeds of rice noodles every 4-6 days. In 2011, it was mostly just PB&J sandwiches with protein shakes. Pre 2009, it was just chicken and brown rice, 6 times a day. It's not my first time to the rodeo. IIFYM works, but it requires discipline like every other dieting protocol. Understanding that food are a means to an end (usually better performance or physique) is much more important than food choice. Happy?

Guess I've been doing it wrong-- I started out with IIFYM and added the exercise much later. But whatever works for you I guess.

You have to remember this was 2006. People did not follow IIFYM. Everyone on stage ate chicken and brown rice or oats. It wasn't until guys like Alan Aragon came out with the chocolate milk studies that it was even questioned. Everyone ate six meals a day, everyone ate breakfast. We all looked up to Ronnie Coleman eating his BBQ chicken tenders and Molly McButter and Grits. We didn't know any better. Which obviously also leads to alot of guys doing crazy things to cut down to 3-5%. No one taught us so we taught ourselves. Obviously things are different now, and we know alot more.

If you'd told me when I started trying to lose weight that I had to stick to chicken and brown rice and use aversion therapy so I wouldn't eat bacon, I would have quit right then. That's the beauty of IIFYM, even if you don't hit the gym every day. It allows flexibility and lowers the risk of burnout.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Try this. 10 minutes a day, look at an appetizing picture of curly fries and grilled ham/bacon, and next to that picture, pull up a picture of a piece of meat being ransacked by maggots. Do it every day, for a few months. Soon the loose associations will occur in your brain, and you will have a disdain for bacon and curly fries...OR...you'll start to like maggots more....

Aren't there easier less disgusting options? Like cutting off a few useless limbs? or just going ahead and getting your skin removed? I mean seriously... who needs skin anyways? Not as much as you need maggot pictures next to your food I bet.
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    Lol relax everyone. I realize my recommendation was in poor taste. Generally the more fit you are, the more you can eat whatever you want. The implied exercise that had you achieve your level of fitness just inherently allows for a broader range of foods, this is the prize you win for having consistency in the diet, and working hard in the gym.

Yes. in 2010 i got to competition shape eating pretty much only KFC with refeeds of rice noodles every 4-6 days. In 2011, it was mostly just PB&J sandwiches with protein shakes. Pre 2009, it was just chicken and brown rice, 6 times a day. It's not my first time to the rodeo. IIFYM works, but it requires discipline like every other dieting protocol. Understanding that food are a means to an end (usually better performance or physique) is much more important than food choice. Happy?

Have you ever tried fried maggots? Low calorie. When you get fitter you can EVEN start dipping them in chocolate. TRUTH.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I made Chicken and Veggies for lunch today..Tasted great...one of my friends came in with a grilled ham and bacon sandwich and curly fries....Made me not like my food the whole time....
    Am I crazy?

One of the biggest problems in our society is that we are always looking at what other's are doing. Try to remember that your friend does not have the same goal as you. If you still can't focus, maybe you should avoid having lunch with that friend until you think you can handle it better.

People might think I'm suggesting damaging your friendship for the sake of your health, but that is the advice people give smokers, alcoholics, and drug addicts... so...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I've done it before...but probably I had been dieting for something like 30 weeks already and was delirious. But it certainly works. you just have to find a picture that almost makes you gag...it can be anything off-putting. Then you can cook a plate of bacon, and start eating it while you look at the picture. You wont be finishing the bacon.
    You must not work in any field related to medicine or undertaking. I know plenty of people who do autopsies/necropsies while eating lunch.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Have you ever tried fried maggots? Low calorie. When you get fitter you can EVEN start dipping them in chocolate. TRUTH.

I am almost certain maggots are not only not low-calorie, but most likely high in saturated fats. But I mean. I guess moderation is key.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Try this. 10 minutes a day, look at an appetizing picture of curly fries and grilled ham/bacon, and next to that picture, pull up a picture of a piece of meat being ransacked by maggots. Do it every day, for a few months. Soon the loose associations will occur in your brain, and you will have a disdain for bacon and curly fries...OR...you'll start to like maggots more....

You mean to tell me maggots DON'T normally taste like bacon and curly fries???
    Your baby picture with your comment cracks me up. I can totally see a baby eating something equally disgusting like a worm and thinking it no different from bacon.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

You mean to tell me maggots DON'T normally taste like bacon and curly fries???
    Your baby picture with your comment cracks me up. I can totally see a baby eating something equally disgusting like a worm and thinking it no different from bacon.

LOL Once he starts crawling, I'm sure he'll be eating all sorts of gross things LOL
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yum,,, I would have chicken and veggies any time.
  • Hattieross
    Hattieross Posts: 17
    Options
    I know the topic is chicken and veggies but I discovered this summer soup that takes seconds to make and tastes FAB.

Blend 1 peeled English cucumber, 1 avocado, pint of low fat buttermilk and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt until smooth. Add some fresh mint OR fresh dill if you want to add herbs. (I love mint)

Simply delish, filling and keeps in the fridge for a week!

Just stir to brighten up the color of the avocado and enjoy.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Next time maybe try baking the chicken breasts wrapped with a couple slices of bacon. This way you are still eating the chicken and veg, but getting a bit of baconly yumminess too. :bigsmile:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Used to love me-self some waffles.

Waffles every day, every night.

Waffles here, there, everywhere.

Waffles waffles waffles.

Then... blue waffle happened.

I dont like waffles anymore.