Why is my scale not moving?

Options
2»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Your diary doesn't look like you're logging based on foods weighed on a scale. Your caloric intakes, if accurate, are dangerously low over the past few days.

Best case is you're eating more than you think. Worst case you're retaining water and masking the damage dangerously low eating can do to a human body.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    OP, I noticed the same thing--foods appear to not be weighed and very low intake. If you aren't using a food scale, start asap. It's the only way you'll know exactly what you're taking in every day. It worked wonders for me and is now my best tool in the kitchen next to my Vitamix.

I started off at 1200 calories, too, but now I'm losing comfortably at 1330. I found 1200 calories so difficult to do and one of my MFP friends suggested I increase my calories to lose weight. I couldn't believe she suggested that, but she was right. Very low daily calorie intake is hard your your body and mind. 1330 is still low but I'm working to lose my last 10 pounds so this is temporary until I'm at maintenance.

To be successful, I needed to find a way to eat foods like chocolate or an occasional cookie or ice cream sandwich. I balanced that with modest amounts of more intense cardio and now lifting weights and floor work. And I give myself a break 2 days a week. At 53, I need more time to bounce back LOL

Good luck with your new journey and feel free to add me as a friend.