Not sure if this is the right place - but, jeans.

Options
Apologize if this isn't quite the right place to post this.

So... my jeans have started to sag after 35 pounds down. It's to the point where I either get an industrial-strength belt or just suck it up and buy new jeans.

I'm not a millionaire, so I'd like to keep them fairly cheap. I have hurricane thighs and a smaller waist/behind (relative to my hips) - can anyone suggest a good store/brand?

Replies

• meganepauli
    meganepauli Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    angels from kohls
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest looking at kohls- I have a similar problem as you and have found jeans that fit there.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't know any that are particularly cheap, but you could look at Little in the Middle, or Levi's Curve ID.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    if you are still working on going down try goodwill or another thrift store

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]29509743.png[/url]
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Old Navy (typically there are sales online ALL THE TIME). Great in between jeans.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    if you are still working on going down try goodwill or another thrift store

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]29509743.png[/url]

So. Much. This.

There is a certain stigma around thrift store shopping, but I can seriously get really nice, hardly used (sometimes not used at all) name brand clothing for pennies on the dollar of what they'd cost to buy retail.

If you're still losing weight, and will therefore be constantly re-updating your wardrobe, the cheapest way is most definitely the thrift store.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Old Navy - Sweetheart cut.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i would also suggest a thrift store. if u still have alot to lose u might not want to buy brand new clothes every 20lb it gets costly! i lived at the thrift store my first 50lbs. now i just buy tights since they last through more sizes! if u have trouble finding cuts of jean for your body type any labeled curvy will probably work best!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Levi's 515. I swear by them. I have a 29" waist and 41" hips/butt (and big thighs). I usually get mine from Kohl's. It also helps me that they come in longs.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking. That or a consignment/thrift store since it's a temporary thing and you may work right out of them.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is super stretchy, so buy them a little tight (a hint of muffin top) and wash them inside out, dry them by air, and they will stay stretchy as you lose weight. Don't wash them with every wear, unless you are a sweat factory.

I also really like Denizen's by Levi for Target. Very flattering. I had a $5 off from using the target pharmacy and I think the reg price is $19.95
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I can't keep in jeans that fit right, and I've given up. I wear fake jeans with spandex until I normalize.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I've gotten all my favorite jeans from goodwill. Plus spending $30 or $40 on a new pair of jeans in the middle of losing weight will add up.

I bought all these new pants when I got down to a solid 8, thinking I wouldn't go down another size. Big mistake as they're way too big now. I hadn't even worn a few of them! (This still irks me because I'm frugal and it was such a waste.) I still tend to have to wear a belt with any jeans because if my hips fit then they tend to be a little too wide around the waist.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Old Navy were my in-between jeans. They have a nice curvy style that doesn't gap too much. I agree about buying the slightly tight size - they stretch a lot.

I did also get a nice pair from Kohl's - they were Wallflower Curvy Girl jeans. They are juniors, but the fit was surprisingly good.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I get almost all my jeans at Kohls or JC Penny.

However, if you are looking to go cheap try Goodwill, craiglist (people sell a lot of clothes on there really cheap), or the Facebook yard sale sites in your area. You can usually find a good bit of cheap but good condition clothes on there.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

This is one thing I was going to suggest. Target is also good for jeans. I have a devil of a time finding jeans that are long enough and fit correctly, but those two places have made it easier.

The thrift store idea is also a good one.

• joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    get them tailored. I can usually get them fixed for about 5 bucks. I also started to learn how to sew. Most of my clothes look on me like i havent figured out my size.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options

agreed on this...size 12 to start & wearing a size 4 today. they fit a curvy figure perfectly. ordered some online this week 40% off
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy, but I scored a pair of Joe Jeans from a secondhand store for 20 bucks. They are my favorite pair. However, they are starting to get loose :( Thrift stores are fantastic for before, in between and after.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wear mid rise style jeans.