Need help getting motivated

Options
Hi Everyone! This is my first time writing anything in the community section. I have a large knowledge of health and fitness, but just cant get motivated to get into shape after getting married this past summer. Im not sure if its age or what but the weight isnt moving.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When you want it badly enough, you'll make it a priority.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    The keys to success in weight loss, in anything really, are motivation and discipline.

Motivation comes from within. Motivation is born of desire. The stronger the desire for something, the stronger the motivation. Find what you desire. Is it losing weight, getting fitter and healthier? Is it just being able to get more active and enjoy life more? How much to you want that? Once you find your motivation, next you must learn discipline. Discipline is the difference between what you want now and what you want most. Discipline is the difference between sleeping in when the alarm clock rings and getting up for your morning walk/run/workout, knowing that doing that will bring you closer to what you desire.
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hey everybody, feel free to add me as well, been on MFP for more then a year and lost 60+lbs already . as Calliope said motivation is key
    my motto is motivation +support=Success
  • traveler82
    traveler82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support!
  • wiggam17
    wiggam17 Posts: 22
    Options
    thats what I love about this site, you get all the support you need :) feel free to add me!