Carb Cycling

Options
ikxllc
ikxllc Posts: 5 Member
Has anyone tried this thing called carb cycling? I've been reading about it and kind of playing around with it where I'll eat as low-carb as I can for two or three days and then switch back to more lo cal\low-fat for a few days. I've had some success, more so after a couple of days of low carb but I could never live low-carb since I only eat chicken and fish for meats and love fruits. Just wondering what others are doing or think about that?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 3-4 months when I was at 12% trying to get down to 10% and I'm not sure if it did anything out of the ordinary that normal dieting would have done. I've heard people swear by it, others say meh. I'm one of the ones that says meh.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    So if you are wanting to use it as a tool to get your overall calories lower but still have access to carbs for training, then by all means, it might be for you. If you think it will bio-hack the body into losing weight, then no, you have been miss-informed.
  • neisalou
    neisalou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I carb cycled low carbs two days 30g carbs 3 med carb days 90g carb and two high carb days one one back day one on leg day 150-160g carbs that's what I used but it will be different for everyone I found this good