364 pounds ..Help x

Options

Replies

• ncsunset1998
    ncsunset1998 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    With all that you are doing...YOU WILL LOSE!! Good luck!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    exstromn wrote: »

Some tips from me to you:

1. HONESTY - If you haven't already, get honest with yourself and the process.
    2. WATER & FIBER - Make water and fiber your new best friends:)
    3. MEASURE - Portion control and using the scale are my best tools.
    4. SLEEP - Get enough sleep and figure out how to destress in a healthy way for you.
    5. MOVE - Move at least 30 minutes per day in a measurable way with room for improvement.
    6. FRIENDS - Find people on here that are POSITIVE and SUPPORTIVE and make some friends.
    7. POSITIVITY - Don't listen to the haters or react to the snarky sarcastic comments, they are miserable people.
    8. CONSIDER - Take everyone's advice with a grain of salt, you are gonna have to figure it out for yourself anyway.
    9. FORGIVENESS - When you slip up acknowledge it, forgive yourself, and MOVE ON.
    10. HOPE - Remember, everyone is unique and travels their own path, but they don't have to do it alone:)

Good luck!
    - Nancy

@exstromn nailed it! This is perfect!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    First.....WELCOME! You have come to the right place. You got this. And there are so many people here who will help you and cheer you on!

Everyone has already given you some really great advise. Food scale is the best thing ever. Try to move more. It is getting nicer out so maybe try waking? Start off slow and short and work you way up!

Log Log Log. Be honest about what you are eating.

Don't become obsessed with the scale. Try to limit weighting your self to once or twice a week.

Water Water Water. It will become your best friend.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Some things that worked for me so far (Started at 318, currently 242)
    - Buy and use a heart rate monitor.
    - Be honest with yourself when logging.
    - Constantly remind yourself of your "why"
    - Look for any chance you can to be active or to make better food choices
    - Give in every once and awhile but make sure you jump back on the saddle right after. A cheat meal is a meal not an entire day.
    - Drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep
    - Try not to let the scale define you.

Good luck friend!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello! *wave* & welcome!

I'd like to echo @ruggedshutter in saying get a food scale. Leave it on your counter. That way you can accurately measure the calories contained in a variety of things: rice, dry pasta, apples, potatoes, potato chips, heck...even candy. I weigh everything. It feels like a pain in the a** at first but it quickly becomes second nature.

Feel free to add me if you'd like a friend.
  • ladoi
    ladoi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't have "cheat days"...just fit your indulgences into your macros (or calories, whichever). Doing this will keep you from sabotaging all of your previous hard work. I've had 10-15 lbs to lose for a long time and it's just now coming off because of this.

Patience is key. No quick fixes! Just eat at a safe deficit consistently and you'll get there!!
  • kaitiedid3
    kaitiedid3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It might help to make your goals not pounds lost, but changes made. Instead of worrying about how quickly the scale is moving (and it will move fast, slow, up and down over the course of your journey), consider changing habits for the long term. Make a small change first. Over the course of time, these changes will add up to better habits. The side benefit will be pounds lost. Add in exercise to improve your fitness. Think of it as working toward a strong and healthy body, rather than a number of pounds that you need to lose. As you lose weight and feel successful with a healthier way of living, then you can look more closely at numbers and where you want to be. You can do this. Give yourself time. What would you tell a friend in the same situation? Listen to that advice.

This is fantastic advice!! Getting healthy is the best goal :) small, attainable changes in your habits will last a lifetime!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you're one for visual goals... I love the two glass jars and marbles thing. You get as many marbles you need for the weight you'd like to lose... Have a jar saying "weight lost" and as you lose the pounds you can add the marbles to the weight lost jar. Visual motivations are great if you're a big kid like me!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    minkeemoo wrote: »
    :( just starting my journey ..would love any tips please I am 39 and 5 feet 8. I am disgusted in myself but looking forward to getting my life back xx hop :( e yr all great xx

My only piece of advice: there will come a day when you don't want to log. You're tired, you binged and are afraid of that number, whatever. Do it anyway. Even if you have to force yourself, even if it makes you cry do it. Because after that one time logging becomes so much easier and everything makes so much more sense.
  • minkeemoo
    minkeemoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a fab Idea I have just looked on google to see what you mean, I am very visual :-) thanks for sharing x
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    ladoi wrote: »
    Don't have "cheat days"...just fit your indulgences into your macros (or calories, whichever). Doing this will keep you from sabotaging all of your previous hard work. I've had 10-15 lbs to lose for a long time and it's just now coming off because of this.

Patience is key. No quick fixes! Just eat at a safe deficit consistently and you'll get there!!

Thank you :-) great advice x Good luck with your loss
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Some things that worked for me so far (Started at 318, currently 242)
    - Buy and use a heart rate monitor.
    - Be honest with yourself when logging.
    - Constantly remind yourself of your "why"
    - Look for any chance you can to be active or to make better food choices
    - Give in every once and awhile but make sure you jump back on the saddle right after. A cheat meal is a meal not an entire day.
    - Drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep
    - Try not to let the scale define you.

Good luck friend!
    Hi what great advice Thank you xx and well done you look amazing xx
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Hello! *wave* & welcome!

I'd like to echo @ruggedshutter in saying get a food scale. Leave it on your counter. That way you can accurately measure the calories contained in a variety of things: rice, dry pasta, apples, potatoes, potato chips, heck...even candy. I weigh everything. It feels like a pain in the a** at first but it quickly becomes second nature.

Feel free to add me if you'd like a friend.

Thank you :-) I am going to buy some tomorrow x The advice on here is so good x thank you xx
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    With all that you are doing...YOU WILL LOSE!! Good luck!

Thank you xx fingers crossed , I hope your journey is going great xx
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Log your bad days, I wish I had logged them all but the ones I did log I've learned so much looking back at them now and seeing what set me off. Don't feel bad if you have bad days, it's going to happen, just remember to get right back on that horse and keep going forward. Don't fall into the trap of trying to make up for those bad days. Just go right back to your regularly scheduled program.
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    :( just starting my journey ..would love any tips please I am 39 and 5 feet 8. I am disgusted in myself but looking forward to getting my life back xx hop :( e yr all great xx

My only piece of advice: there will come a day when you don't want to log. You're tired, you binged and are afraid of that number, whatever. Do it anyway. Even if you have to force yourself, even if it makes you cry do it. Because after that one time logging becomes so much easier and everything makes so much more sense.

Thank you ..I have dne this today when I started ..I was terrified to get weighed but though sod it!! Made a start now and it is sooo lovely having some many lovey people like yourself who have taken the time to share their tips xx thank you x
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    First.....WELCOME! You have come to the right place. You got this. And there are so many people here who will help you and cheer you on!

Everyone has already given you some really great advise. Food scale is the best thing ever. Try to move more. It is getting nicer out so maybe try waking? Start off slow and short and work you way up!

Log Log Log. Be honest about what you are eating.

Don't become obsessed with the scale. Try to limit weighting your self to once or twice a week.

Water Water Water. It will become your best friend.

Hi and thanks very much!xx I am going to have a good walk tomorrow morning. It's been a while, as since I have started work Ive become lazy, and I am having loads of water :-) so fingers crossed xx Hope your journey is going great xx
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Log your bad days, I wish I had logged them all but the ones I did log I've learned so much looking back at them now and seeing what set me off. Don't feel bad if you have bad days, it's going to happen, just remember to get right back on that horse and keep going forward. Don't fall into the trap of trying to make up for those bad days. Just go right back to your regularly scheduled program.

Thank you x That makes sense, :-) xx
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So much excellent advice in this post already, I can't think of a thing to add! So I just want to say: you can do this!!! Just being here is a huge step in the right direction, so congratulations! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Thank you ..I have dne this today when I started ..I was terrified to get weighed but though sod it!! Made a start now and it is sooo lovely having some many lovey people like yourself who have taken the time to share their tips xx thank you x

You will do awesome!
    And thanks for the compliment! Personally I can be a bit of a jerkwad sometimes, but I'm a jerkwad that cares.