Calorie dilemma

Options
By some miracle or another i have somehow managed to only eat 732 calories today.
As I've never encountered this problem before (hence why I'm on MFP), what I need to know is should I eat the other 4 hundred odd calories???

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    By some miracle or another i have somehow managed to only eat 732 calories today.
    As I've never encountered this problem before (hence why I'm on MFP), what I need to know is should I eat the other 4 hundred odd calories???

What do you like to eat? What do you have available?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A day here and there probably won't hurt you, but if it becomes a habit then you may need to do a little planning to get more calories into your daym
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Ice cream...the answer is always ice cream
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would probably say a lean protein, some fruit/veggies. Crackers and cheese and fruit or nuts (really this is a go to snack for me). Peanut butter and apples. Tuna salad/chicken salad on crackers. shrimp and cocktail sauce. Just some ideas.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sure...why not have dessert?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Totally dessert. 400 calories of dessert is so right!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When I had trouble achieving 1,200 calories I lived in fear of the side effects of malnutrition, so I'd eat a bedtime snack to take me to 1,200.

Pick a high-calorie snack like hiker's mix, peanut butter, cheese. You won't need much to hit your target.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I recommend ice cream.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I did this yesterday. I had 2 cups of cold cereal while watching tv. I measured it out and LOVED IT! If you're not hungry I'd still have a tbsp of peanut butter and an apple. If you don't get enough fuel in any given day, you may wake up tomorrow ravenous. And plan out your day better. It's not all about eating the fewest calories, it's about properly fueling your body for weight loss, right?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Totally dessert. 400 calories of dessert is so right!

Agreed. 400 is my sweet spot.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chocolate, ice cream, pizza, just give them me and i'll eat them.
    Actually if I wasnt that bothered id save them for another day in the week.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

If you aren't hungry, don't eat. But feel free to go over by 400+ calories tomorrow. That seems to be what happens with me--low days are always followed by high.
  • kellyannecandy
    kellyannecandy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm having a ham salad sandwich and a cuppa and coming in at about 930 calories, off to bed for an early start tomorrow so don't really want anything to heavy before I go to sleep. If I see the same thing happening again another time, I'll add a little more a bit earlier. Just happened today, not planned at all. Thanks for all of your help
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone, I'm having a ham salad sandwich and a cuppa and coming in at about 930 calories, off to bed for an early start tomorrow so don't really want anything to heavy before I go to sleep. If I see the same thing happening again another time, I'll add a little more a bit earlier. Just happened today, not planned at all. Thanks for all of your help

How on Earth did you make a sandwich for less than 200 calories?
  • kellyannecandy
    kellyannecandy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Only one slice of bread, half a slice of Ham and loads of salad
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    That's not a sandwich. That's finger-food served at a party.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Got peanut butter?
  • PostExamsHealthBinge
    PostExamsHealthBinge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You don't have to reach your goal if you don't want to, if your not hungry then don't eat