Food on a stick? No, food on a donut!

Options
CallMeCupcakeDammit
CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe Donut

Krisy-Kreme-Sloppy-Joe-FULL.png

http://guyspeed.com/krispy-kreme-sloppy-joe-donut-debuts-at-san-diego-fair-sends-hearts-into-delicious-panic/

I heard it was to rival Dunkin' Donuts' bacon egg donut sandwich

580x326

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-03/business/chi-dunkin-donuts-bacon-doughnut-sandwich-20130603_1_dunkin-bacon-breakfast-item

I'm having a hard time getting my head around a sloppy joe on a donut. Anyone tried either of these yet?

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of mixing savory and sweets.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I like pancake syrup on sausage. Or pancakes wrapped around a sausage, except I don't eat real sausage anymore. I'm not sure if I would eat either of these, though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know.... I would probably try the breakfast sandwich, but the sloppy joe just sounds gross! :sick:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I don't know.... I would probably try the breakfast sandwich, but the sloppy joe just sounds gross! :sick:

I'm with you on this one...the breakfast sammich maybe (reminds me of something like a McGriddle)...but the sloppy joe on a donut...yikes :sick:
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    LOL the idea departments for a lot of these restaurants have got to be made up of a bunch of stoners. :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm with you on this one...the breakfast sammich maybe (reminds me of something like a McGriddle)...but the sloppy joe on a donut...yikes :sick:

Yes! That's what I was thinking, too. One of my friends just told me he was making cheeseburgers on donuts for his coworkers! I guess I'd have to taste someone else's. :smile: And I agree on the stoners JuliaLee!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just dont think it would taste good at all lol. I'm not usually big on mixing sweet with savory but I can see the donut breakfast sandwich because I can have pancakes with bacon and syrup but the sloppy joes, no. Will be intersting to see if its something people actually buy and then continue to buy.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    And I'm Hungry again!
    Wow... yummy.. my tummy is grrrr'ing at me now lol
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    kool-kale.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    kool-kale.jpg

Where's the donut?! :angry:

Not related to donut sandwiches, I left my spinach at work on Friday, and I was having a mini-freakout. I couldn't wait to get to work today.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You know, if placed in front of me, I might actually try.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My son wants to try a cheeseburger on a krispy kreme. he saw it on a cooking show. sigh....
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    LOL the idea departments for a lot of these restaurants have got to be made up of a bunch of stoners. :laugh:

Exactemundo!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the middle of the doughnut. Only part of the doughnut with no calories.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    The burger Bynsky posted is the same as the Luther burger (after Luther Vandross). I've been doing a little research just out of curiosity. In 2010, the Wisconsin State Fair sold a version of the Luther burger with chocolate covered bacon for $5 and 1,000 calories. The bacon egg sandwich from Dunkin' only has 360. That surprised me.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    donut + ice cream = oh noes! ur gonna die!!

l.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    donut + ham + swiss cheese + jelly = oh noes! dat's not cleeeeeeen!!

Doughnut-Sandwich.jpg
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I just tried to eat my monitor and hurt my teeth.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    donut + ice cream = oh noes! ur gonna die!!

l.jpg

NOW you're talkin'!