alcohol!?! :s

Options
kirzz92
kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
So we've all been there...
Spend the week sticking to your diet and training hard...
Weekends come, you're out with friends.. everyone is enjoying a couple glasses of wine...

my question is:
I don't have a cheat meal, my food is 100% clean throughout the week, if I had to pick a day ie: sat and enjoy about 4 vodka and coke zeros, would this be the end of the world??

It's def not worth wrecking my weeks progress..

How do you balance it? Perhaps I should allow one of my "vodka saturdays" once every 2 weeks?

Replies

• kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    nope, i personally will never give it up lol. just make sure to track it and include it in your daily total. pure carbs there
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories, go for it. I personally have lost over 55lbs still drinking most every weekend.
  • kirzz92
    Options
    PHEWWWWW!!
    was hoping I wasn't gonna get a string of replies telling me to give it up.. I may have cried..

I def do track it on mfp
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    anything neat is pretty calorie friendly. personally i love my whiskey, cognac and bourbons.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Had a large 7% beer tonight and not feeling guilty at all. Down 28kg since last fall.
  • kirzz92
    Options
    ALCOHOL ATHLETES OF THE WORD UNITE!!!
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I wish limoncello liquor but i am at the beginning of the diet.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23lbs while still enjoying my wine and vodka soda w/lime. I just make it fit in my calories.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for beer I think I would waste away into nothing...
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I don't drink but ya its less than 300 calories go for it..
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i drink 3-5 times a week. i'm doing fine.

although i dropped a significant amount of weight in the months when i cut back to drinking once a week. it was a great way to really drop weight, but i like my glass of wine with dinner, and a post workout beer.

ETA: binge drinking should be avoided. in a situation where you are trying to drop some weight, you could be not eating enough and therefore get into a situation where you are eating on an empty stomach and get really overly drunk.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I drink wine more days than not and it hasn't slowed down my weight loss at all. If you are drinking for the buzz more than anything else then liquor (like the vodka you mentioned) will give you the most bang for your buck while beer will give you least.

Also, there is LOTS of good information on this site: getdrunknotfat.com, including a very helpful "drinking calculator" so you will know in advance how much is "too much" for a person of your weight.
  • kirzz92
    Options
    Thanks guys...
    I don't really need to lose weight.. I'm only 42kgs.. I'm trying to build muscle...

I kinda said to myself I'm gonna give it up for a month as of tomorrow just to test the theory