Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Post partum bellies

arains89
arains89 Posts: 442 Member
Moms out there, I would really like to see a picture of your tummy after you had your baby and if you have a current one where you were able to lose some of the extra flab that too. I have searched the boards and no one's bellies look anything like what mine does after kids. They are either one extreme of the next. No stretch marks at all or huge over hang and a bunch of really deep stretch marks. I wish I knew how to post a picture of my own for comparison but at the bottom of my belly I have a "pooch" that is kind of shaped like a "W" as it comes higher in the middle if that makes sense. I just want to know if that part of my tummy will flatten with continued strength training or if that is just skin that will be that way forever. Thanks!

Replies

• youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    check out this site. hope it helps

http://theshapeofamother.com/
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Feel free to look at my pics. I have one from 2 months PP with my second child and then again 1 year later.
  • arains89
    I got pictures I think...

belly1.jpg[img][/img]belly2.jpg[img][/img]
  • arains89
    Ugh IT NEVER WORKS!!!
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    It will flatten out. You need to lose the fat in that area and not just do strength exercises.
  • arains89
    I do cardio as well I just suppose I am curios to know if after the fat is gone even with strength training will my belly ever be flat or will it hang. Thanks!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    belly1.jpg

belly2.jpg

Here ya go hun you have to get the IMG code and just use the parts with the IMG in from and back and make sure you make the IMG to img
  • You have the same type of belly as i did after i had my daughter! Yes it will go away! It took me a long long time to get it tone and back to a normal belly shape but i still had the poof. The 30 day shred honestly saved my life, that and a **** ton of stretch mark belly butter from palmers and belly oil it didnt do a thing for my stretch marks but it helped my skin get some of its elasticity back i had a c-sec so i couldnt even feel my abs for over a year :/. Now with eating right and since i took a month off exercise im back on the 30 day shred im starting to see my stretchys fade again and my poof is smaller.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    March 2012 - 5 months postpartum
    60bd205e2874a813b5dbff57e0c0bfd81408569.jpg

Just last week -
    2eff5e002cc56f5b0b64a9f7245a522b1408569.jpg
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    That sounds like my post baby belly. It almost looks like I have a C-Section scar from certain angles because of how my skin folds just so in that spot lol. You can check out my profile pics for some "after" pics.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    belly1.jpg

belly2.jpg

Here ya go hun you have to get the IMG code and just use the parts with the IMG in from and back and make sure you make the IMG to img
    Yup this could pretty much be my belly lol. Although I've lost a bit and started toning up so my pooch is actually slowly fading. So there is hope!!!
  • arains89
    "[/quote]
    Yup this could pretty much be my belly lol. Although I've lost a bit and started toning up so my pooch is actually slowly fading. So there is hope!!!
    [/quote]"

OMG that is so nice to hear! You look fabulous btw! I am jealous of them tatas!!
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    There are lots of great post-partum ab workouts out there. Seems like the consensus is pulling back in those deep muscles (Transversus Abdominus, etc.). There are lots of free tips online, just google Transversus Abdominus and postpartum...

I know its frustrating when you look in the mirror the first months after you have the baby. Keep working at it and things will improve dramatically - just not overnight ;o).

Although I don't have photos, this is my experience: I am 2 years postpartum and am relatively pleased with the way my stomach looks. I had my baby when I was 38 and skin isn't quite as elastic at 38 as it is when you're younger. Luckily, I only got a few light stretch marks. I lost my baby weight by 5 months post-partum (I gained 35 lbs while pregnant), but it took about a year before I felt like things were back in place. I eat pretty healthily and do moderate cardio (running, biking, walking) and do some strength training. Honestly, I haven't given my abs (or the rest of my body) as much effort as I did before I had the baby (full time career w/baby has limited my time) and I know there is lots of room for improvement, but even with that, things have pretty much bounced back to where they were pre-baby.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    there was a thread posted about this last week. very inspiring for us mommies trying to get back in shape. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926725-ab-pics-if-you-ve-had-kids
  • arains89
    There are lots of great post-partum ab workouts out there. Seems like the consensus is pulling back in those deep muscles (Transversus Abdominus, etc.). There are lots of free tips online, just google Transversus Abdominus and postpartum...

I know its frustrating when you look in the mirror the first months after you have the baby. Keep working at it and things will improve dramatically - just not overnight ;o).

Although I don't have photos, this is my experience: I am 2 years postpartum and am relatively pleased with the way my stomach looks. I had my baby when I was 38 and skin isn't quite as elastic at 38 as it is when you're younger. Luckily, I only got a few light stretch marks. I lost my baby weight by 5 months post-partum (I gained 35 lbs while pregnant), but it took about a year before I felt like things were back in place. I eat pretty healthily and do moderate cardio (running, biking, walking) and do some strength training. Honestly, I haven't given my abs (or the rest of my body) as much effort as I did before I had the baby (full time career w/baby has limited my time) and I know there is lots of room for improvement, but even with that, things have pretty much bounced back to where they were pre-baby.

Thank you! It is quite frustrating. This is baby number two for me and I am 8 months out. I have lost the baby weight as well. I gained 34 the second time around. In fact I am now less than I was before my first child who is 5. But my body is just different. I am in a "healthy" weight but need to lose about 15 more pounds of fat and really tone up. I have been working hard and am hoping that by time she is a year (in about 4 months) I see a drastic improvement. Thank you!
  • Hi,

I'm so glad you posted this as I have been worried that I wouldn't get rid of my flabby belly after having my daughter in January. I had to have a c section and find ab training a bit hard but I'm not giving up!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Replying to look at later, and that abs after baby link is a great one too. I'm so jealous, but I knew it was hard work for the other ladies and I just need to put in my time and effort to get good results too.

Best of luck!
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member

Thank you! It is quite frustrating. This is baby number two for me and I am 8 months out. I have lost the baby weight as well. I gained 34 the second time around. In fact I am now less than I was before my first child who is 5. But my body is just different. I am in a "healthy" weight but need to lose about 15 more pounds of fat and really tone up. I have been working hard and am hoping that by time she is a year (in about 4 months) I see a drastic improvement. Thank you!

I agree that my body is different now too. Don't know if its age (I'll be 40 this Dec), the baby or both. Something else I've had some luck with just recently is dramatically cutting back on processed carbs. Focusing on lots of veggies, lean meat and a little fruit. Just doing this for about a month now, my stomach feels smaller and my pants are fitting more loosely. I am not following it exactly, but its along the lines of the books discussing the paleo diet, wheat belly, or Omni diet (Tana Amen I think?). Some interesting ideas there regarding fat storage... Thought I'd dabble to see if I got results.
  • JessicaMcguigan123
    JessicaMcguigan123 Posts: 52 Member
    this was 4 weeks pp.
    430519_10152198792205016_1213004342_n.jpg

im now 8 weeks pp

hg.png
    946133_10152274611530016_575453726_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!