Overeating?anyone with the same problem?

Options
13»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    <Binge Eating Disorder, plus many, many other illnesses.... only cured by changing WHAT I eat. Yup, for me, the food/macros matter. My diet is fat based and carbs are very limited. Binge eating disorder, for me, was NOT psychological; I was malnourished. Now I am not malnourished and I don't over-eat and I lose weight effortlessly. Oh, and did I mention that I feel like Superwoman?

Edit: at 5'5, 129, you are at the lower end of your healthy weight. You should be eating more than 1320 anyway to maintain your weight. Perhaps your body knows best?

btw: peanuts are a legume. If most of your nuts are salted and roasted, then they are not optimal for your health. Try raw nuts, they are truly delicious and it's easier to not over-consume them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is 1320 is enough for my weight according to BMR.

Probably not. I calculated your numbers (presuming you are 21?) and I got your BMR as 1416 so you should be eating at least that much a day.

Your TDEE is 1700. I would eat 1500 a day on non exercise days, and 1500 plus exercise calories on other days.

Also, so what if you overate? By how much? You would need to be consistantly eating 500+ calories on top of your 1700 to put on a pound. Relax. You don't have to hit the goal exactly every single day. It is ok to go over or under 100 cals or so. You have to be realistic. Setting ridiculous targets is not sustainable. Its a life change, not a diet. Do what you plan on doing for the rest of your life.

You have no idea what her TDEE is. Her SEDENTARY TDEE is 1700. Exercise is added on top of that. 1325 is a perfectly reasonable calorie goal for someone with a sedentary TDEE of 1700, assuming that they add exercise calories on top of that. Looking at the OP's diary, she does.

so 1325 is enough for me right??? i think i eating more protein that will help me and overeating problem! so besides meat and fish and chicken what are the good sources of protein?? i eat yogurt and cheese in low fat should i go for high fat ones?

Personally, I don't believe dairy fat is all that healthy, though it is a debatable subject. I like to limit it, but that's just me. I would add fat through things like nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocado or olive oil. Nuts are a source of protein, fat and fiber all of which are very satiating.

i love nuts and try to have peanuts and almonds everyday. though most products are roasted and salted which is not good but i think they are a good source of protein.

Why is roasted and salted not good? If you eat so many that you go over your sodium limit, I suppose that could be a problem, but there is nothing wrong with roasted nuts.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I found that reducing the amount of carbs I ate, especially early in the day, really helped me control my appetite. I used to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and would be starving by 10:30. The hunger would stay with me until I overate, usually when my impulse control gave way at night. When I started having a breakfast of yogurt and fruit with nuts and flax seed, my hunger level became much easier to control.

Not sure if this will help you and I have only my personal experience to support this approach, but perhaps it is worth a try. My food diary is open if that helps. Good luck!