Eating in deficit is getting more and more difficult :(

Options
Hello Everyone,

I have lost 22 lbs so far. Its been 3 weeks since I am stuck at the same weight. I am finding it very difficult to eat in deficit. Have you guys also experience this problem during your weight loss journey. Please give me some suggestions on how to get back on track. Another 10 lbs to loose.

Replies

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    What part are you finding hard? Physically or mentally?

What sort of calorific def are you on?
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You say you're finding it difficult to eat at a deficit but are you managing it? What is your calorie goal? for the last 3 weeks have you stayed the same or fluctuated? How long have you been doing mfp? Have you changed your goal as you've lost?
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What part are you finding hard? Physically or mentally?

What sort of calorific def are you on?

500 cals a day. Loosing half kg per week. This is what I have currently setup in MFP.

• satisatisati
    Options
    You say you're finding it difficult to eat at a deficit but are you managing it? What is your calorie goal? for the last 3 weeks have you stayed the same or fluctuated? How long have you been doing mfp? Have you changed your goal as you've lost?

Yes I am still managing it. Since past few weeks I am eating at maintenance. Daily calorie goal is 1500. I also eat 300+ calories earned from 30-45 mins Cardio. Been eating 1800-2000 daily.
    Weight is stuck at 74.
    I have been doing it since last 90 days now. It has been working so good for me.
    I did change my goal in MFP but it there is not much change in daily calories.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There comes a point where you either have to reduced your expected weight lost/week, or be very hungry. You may be there now. I've had to drop from 2 lbs/week to 1.5, or face a daily max of 1300 cal. I chose food.
  • satisatisati
    Options
    bluworld wrote: »
    There comes a point where you either have to reduced your expected weight lost/week, or be very hungry. You may be there now. I've had to drop from 2 lbs/week to 1.5, or face a daily max of 1300 cal. I chose food.

Thanks for suggestion. I will adjust my goals again.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    With only 10 lbs left to lose you should only have a weekly goal of .5 lbs or 250 cal per day deficit. Maybe try this for a couple of weeks and then see how you are feeling / doing?
  • satisatisati
    Options
    With only 10 lbs left to lose you should only have a weekly goal of .5 lbs or 250 cal per day deficit. Maybe try this for a couple of weeks and then see how you are feeling / doing?

Thank you! Will do the same now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Agree

You're doing great.
  • satisatisati
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Agree

You're doing great.

Thank you my friend @rabbitjb for the motivation as always :)

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I'd like to welcome you to MFP's department store. First floor is logic, second floor is 'feel good responses and affirmations'. So here on the first floor logic tells you that if you A. Eat 14295 calories from 4-18-15 to 4-24-15 and your target of 10500 plus exercise of 2658 calories gives you 13158 you are in fact eating more then maintenance. Over here in 'Exercise for Men' department on the first floor you may in fact not be burning as many calories when you exercise then you believe. Our last department on the first floor is the "How does MFP function" department. Most people eat back half their exercise calories when eating a deficit and if they miscalculate their calorie burn AND eat back more then half then they 'hit the plateau'. AKA - - -> 'hit the plateau' means 'why am I not losing weight?!?' So NEAT(MFP way) and half the calories burned may lead to a slow rate of weight loss but it is better then nothing.

Second floor is up the escalator- - - -"Hey, great job! You look awesome! Keep going you can do this! Everybody is a Special Snowflake the weight will drop just keep going" Here ends the tour, best of luck, please see the coupon section in next week's Sunday paper. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I'd like to welcome you to MFP's department store. First floor is logic, second floor is 'feel good responses and affirmations'. So here on the first floor logic tells you that if you A. Eat 14295 calories from 4-18-15 to 4-24-15 and your target of 10500 plus exercise of 2658 calories gives you 13158 you are in fact eating more then maintenance. Over here in 'Exercise for Men' department on the first floor you may in fact not be burning as many calories when you exercise then you believe. Our last department on the first floor is the "How does MFP function" department. Most people eat back half their exercise calories when eating a deficit and if they miscalculate their calorie burn AND eat back more then half then they 'hit the plateau'. AKA - - -> 'hit the plateau' means 'why am I not losing weight?!?' So NEAT(MFP way) and half the calories burned may lead to a slow rate of weight loss but it is better then nothing.

Second floor is up the escalator- - - -"Hey, great job! You look awesome! Keep going you can do this! Everybody is a Special Snowflake the weight will drop just keep going" Here ends the tour, best of luck, please see the coupon section in next week's Sunday paper. :)

what's all that about? Macros?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

what's all that about? Macros?

It is about several things: calorie burns people log are usually higher then the actual burn, so you may be eating more then you think based off of inaccuracies. You may also mistakenly think you are eating at maintenance but are eating more and also if he stalled for 3 weeks his body is adjusting to the change. A sustained plateau is 6-8 weeks and if you accurately measure your calories and aren't losing weight you are closer to you current maintenance numbers then you realize. I didn't review the MACROS.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options

Yes I am still managing it. Since past few weeks I am eating at maintenance. Daily calorie goal is 1500. I also eat 300+ calories earned from 30-45 mins Cardio. Been eating 1800-2000 daily.
    Weight is stuck at 74.
    I have been doing it since last 90 days now. It has been working so good for me.

I agree with what others have said. when I got to 14lbs from my goal I reduced my goal loss to 0.5 per week in order to have a reasonable amount of calories. If you've been doing it for 3 months now you probably know to make sure you're logging and calorie burns are accurate. When you are close to your goal everything has to be that much more accurate. I wear a heart rate monitor and eat back 50% of the burn for weight training, 75% of the burn for circuit training and 100% of steady state cardio.

you said you are eating at maintenance but 1500 can't be maintenance unless you are tiny. There must be a deficit in there? What does mfp tell you to eat when you enter a 0.5lb weekly loss?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest maybe taking a week or two and just eat at maintenance then going back to a cut.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Weight is stuck at 74.

Could you share your age, sex, weight, and height?
  • satisatisati
    Options

Weight is stuck at 74.

Could you share your age, sex, weight, and height?
    Male 32 165cm height. Reset my goal to .25 lbs per week. My profile is public.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When my mind just shuts off...I eat at maintenance for a few days and then back to a deficit. Works for me.and gets my mind back