Rainy, Cold, Winter Days

Options
I am a walker/hiker. But I hate cold wet weather...My biggest challenge has always been continuing to exercise during wet months. What have you guys done to keep up the good work? As we speak it is raining and I am battling with the idea of getting out there and walking around in the slop....

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Youtube! Just look for some fun workout videos. Fitness blender is super fun to me.
  • sahead710
    sahead710 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot too! In the cold me and my dad just bundle up gloves hats and coats and stuff, but in the rain the community center we go to has an indoor track so we walk on that, you could look for a community center that has one, or go to a large building like a mall and walk, or get rain boots and a big poncho and walk anyways. if all else fails there's always the treadmill and the elliptical (I hate them but if you're in a pinch it's an option)
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone does some great walking dvds or you can look her up on youtube
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I agree Leslie Sansone.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am in PNW and it's currently pouring rain. I also love walks and hikes but yeah...... the weather. If you have the cash invest in a good quality raincoat that has a zip in fleece. This way you can remove the fleece depending on the temperature. Quick dry socks, an umbrella and hiking boots that will keep your feet dry also work.

Columbia has this plus size women's rain jacket that is guarenteed waterproof: columbia.com/womens-evapouration-jacket---plus-size-RW2023.html?dwvar_RW2023_variationColor=485&cgid=women-plusSizes-jacketsVests#start=11
  • mgutier1
    mgutier1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks All. I appreciate the suggestions. I will definitely look up the videos on youtube!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Kettle bells !