Question for tall girls.. How much do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Needtobeonthebeach
    Needtobeonthebeach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I only know how to accept a request
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I only know how to accept a request
    I sent you a FR :smile:

• dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    SW: 210
    CW: 165
    December 2014-April 2015.
    My goal weight was 160, but I am comfortable at 165.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and some even say I'm 5'10" and weigh in the mid 130s now (134-136lbs) and I'm thinking of losing 10 more lbs. I get mixed reactions from people so I thought I'd see what your guys goal weights are and what weight you're starting from!

I'm just so confused. I know for me to be happy with my body my goal should be about 125-130 lbs (80-87% lean mass).. But some people think I'm already very thin at my weight now. Then others have called me "average" which confuses me since the average woman is like 30lbs heavier than me AND shorter than me..

Also I keep hearing people saying to take measurements. I'm either doing it wrong or I already have ok measurements. I keep getting 34-27-34.. Some days 34-26-34. I don't know what weight loss would do besides maybe bring my waist to 23-25.. So feel free to post your measurements too.

My stats to start.
    Starting weight:139-140lbs
    Current weight: 135lbs
    Unofficial goal weight: 125lbs
    Measurements: 34-27-34
    Goal measurements: 34-(23-25)-34

First off, you're worrying too much about what other people think/say. Stop sharing your goals with people. No one knows your medical history, fitness goals, and body image. No one but you and your doctor can provide adequate judgement on whether your goals are appropriate or not.

Also, you're either 5'9 or 5'10, as determined by a health professional. The same goes for your measurements, if you want to be accurate. Most people overestimate their own heights. Using the NIH calculator (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm) data for 5'9, your current weight is BMI 19.9. Your goal is BMI 18.5. A weight of 124.9 lbs is BMI 18.4, underweight.

So yes, you can aim for 125 lbs, but you'll be very close to underweight. It will be unlikely that your performance (running) will improve if you drop into a weight that causes you to lose lean mass. Also, it's unrealistic to think that you'll lose 2-4 inches off of your waist with a 10 lb weight drop and nothing off of your chest or hips, especially if you still have fat reserves (breasts) for the weight loss to come from. Every time I lose an inch off of my waist, I lose about .75 off of my chest and .25 off of my hips.

I'm 5'11. My current weight is 146.8 (BMI 20.5). Goal weight: 139 lbs (BMI 19.4- the equiv of you weighing 131.5).
    I haven't taken my measurements in 2 months, but as of March 4: waist: 28, hips: 39.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'9".

Current weight: 160lbs
    Goal weight: 150lbs
    Measurements: 35-29-41

I am also pretty large framed. Wide shoulders, hips, big feet, hands, head.
  • longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5. 148 lbs. Same measurements as you 34/27/34. If you want to go by "big framed" I have size 11 feet. I'm also a size 4, so I don't put much stock into that. If I were you, I'd switch to a body recomp. I think you'd be happier with that, than being in the 120s and having your running suffer.

And don't listen to "I'd be dead/a walking skeleton at that weight" comments. You seem like an athlete (as am I), and performance is key here. You just need to figure out what your body needs for peak performance. I have friends that are jockeys, where every pound matters to keep your job. But your job also can't suffer because of lack of energy or endurance.
  • kgivens1969
    kgivens1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 200 lbs and 5' 9". I have a history of addiction, so when I went clean 7 years ago, I weighed 140. I looked awful. That is way too small for my frame. I was wearing a 2 and was 38 years old..
    Well, since I have went clean I blossomed up to 200. Which I still only wear a 12. I carry my weight pretty well.

My goal is 175. I would be a 10 and I will be happy with that. I have been doing MFP again since 4/1 and no weight loss. But, I am exercising 5-6 times per week and feel much better. I am eating about 1500 calories a day. Actually, 1200 or so, until the middle of the night. Then It is game on in the kitchen.
    Right now I am not getting on the scale. I feel better mentally because I am logging and exercising.
    My issue is night eating. I eat in the middle of the night. I am not sure how to address this. It has become a real issue for me. I am pretty sure I have not lost any weight because of this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kelly
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    5'10
    SW 234.2
    CW 157.8

I have my goal set at 150 but I'll see what happens when I get there. I already get comments that I'm too thin but I definitely don't think I am. I'm mid range BMI.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my BMI said I should be anywhere from 154 - 179. I'm 194 right now. Frankly I would look sickly at 154, so I'm aiming for 165.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Currently 149.

~140 in my profile pic; I'd like to get back to that weight.

Measurements 37-28-39

120's does sound small, but frame size plays a big role. Can you talk to your doctor at all about whether that would be a healthy weight? Personally, I start to feel less energy and look fairly bony under 130, but everyone is different.
  • JMaslyar
    JMaslyar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and some even say I'm 5'10" and weigh in the mid 130s now (134-136lbs) and I'm thinking of losing 10 more lbs. I get mixed reactions from people so I thought I'd see what your guys goal weights are and what weight you're starting from!

I'm just so confused. I know for me to be happy with my body my goal should be about 125-130 lbs (80-87% lean mass).. But some people think I'm already very thin at my weight now. Then others have called me "average" which confuses me since the average woman is like 30lbs heavier than me AND shorter than me..

Also I keep hearing people saying to take measurements. I'm either doing it wrong or I already have ok measurements. I keep getting 34-27-34.. Some days 34-26-34. I don't know what weight loss would do besides maybe bring my waist to 23-25.. So feel free to post your measurements too.

My stats to start.
    Starting weight:139-140lbs
    Current weight: 135lbs
    Unofficial goal weight: 125lbs
    Measurements: 34-27-34
    Goal measurements: 34-(23-25)-34

• Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OP, If you're 5'9-5'10 you don't need to be in the 120's. Too thin. I'm 5'6 in the 120's and a size 0-2 and still get comments about being too thin. For your height, it's even worse. You can recomp (burn fat while gain muscle) but as far as losing anymore weight, you sound find where you are.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't look awful :( I do know I have a small frame because my wrist is 4 inches. My arms are 9 and my thighs are about 19 inches. The last place I lose weight is my stomach and sides and those are the only places I have any weight left to lose so I want to lose them. I'm ok with the rest of my body and if I could stay 134 and have a waist two inches smaller I'd be happy.. I just don't know if that's possible

Wow, OK--huge variations in frame size.

I am wearing size 8 jeans at 209 pounds (so I'm not THAT huge) but my wrists are 6.5 inches around.
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Azul- size 8 at 208 ?! How do you manage that ? You're very lucky
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    I've never been bigger than 2-4 but I imagine I would be in an 8 at around 160
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Right now I'm in a 2 but I weigh 135.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and I felt the most comfortable and less "sickly" looking when I was between 140 and 150.
  • blaztek
    blaztek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look forward to hearing some different opinions and getting a more well rounded idea of what is normal :)

As a guy, even I too get people telling me I need to gain weight when I get down past 170. For me, 170 is the upper bound of normal weight.

At 130 and even 135, you are towards your lower bound for normal weight. And I can see that your goal of 125 puts you at the lowest normal weight, as 124 is underweight for you.

So, again, given that people say I need to gain weight at my upper bound and you're towards the lowest, I can imagine your confusion.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Azul- size 8 at 208 ?! How do you manage that ? You're very lucky

I am a freak of nature. :)

I've decided that I must have the heaviest skeleton ever. Either that or it's a combination of being muscular, long-waisted and having a big chest.

I still think that getting feedback from a disinterested party like a doctor is the way to go.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    5'7" 180 lbs