how to count calories from a marinade?

Options
I know how many calories are in the marinade but when you take the meat out of the bag or bowl most stays in there, and I would imagine when you grill it your burning off even more of it, so how do I accurately record it? thanks for any feedback.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I marinate stuff in a ziplock bag. I weigh the bag before and after and add the difference to the meat. I don't mess with how much burns off.

Even with a lot of olive oil in the marinade, I'm probably just going to overestimate the meat's weight and not mess with it this summer, though.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I usually add 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Assuming that's about how much the meat has absorbed.
  • laurigibson7
    laurigibson7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just guessing but try measuring what you put in then measure what is left in the ziplock bag then subtract and divide by the oz of meat that would give a close amount per oz of meat you are eating?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I marinate stuff in a ziplock bag. I weigh the bag before and after and add the difference to the meat. I don't mess with how much burns off.

Even with a lot of olive oil in the marinade, I'm probably just going to overestimate the meat's weight and not mess with it this summer, though.

^This (in regards to weighing and logging the difference)