finding the right calorie balance

fr3smyl
fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
Hi MFP people!

Okay, This is my thirteenth day and I have some questions. Background: I am a 36 year old female, I'm 5'2", sw:188, cw:181.

Okay, due to my height MFP placed me at 1200 calories for 1pound/week loss or more.

I know l have not been sticking to that because my energy was low last week and I was really hungry yesterday.

I am sedentary but outs had been hard to do my daily chores on the recommended calorie intake. I averaged pot my daily caloric intake basis on what I've eaten over past 12 days and it's 1414cals/day.

I know first few weeks is water weight so does this mean I am due for a stall stall soon at the rate I am going?

I don't think there is any way starting at the 1200 that I could have lowered it over tune and still accomplish my daily tasksn but I could be wrong. My diary is open.

Replies

• fr3smyl
    @fr3smyl Have you found any answers yet? If not I've been doing a lot of searching on the forums lately and might be able to help you.
  • fr3smyl
    Oh, and what have you found?
  • fr3smyl
    Well @fr3smyl You may just need to weight a little bit longer at your current weekly calorie intake since you just started two weeks ago.
  • fr3smyl
    Oh?
  • fr3smyl
    And @fr3smyl weight loss is not linear so yes you may see a stall for a while but if you are eating at or below the calories needed for your desired weight. Using sedentary setting you should be okay.

If anything weird happens or seems particularly out of the ordinary I'll search the forums to see if I can find anything out for you, cool?
  • fr3smyl
    Alright. Cool thanks! ;)
  • fr3smyl
    No problem, @fr3smyl :p
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Rightio then It seems you and your friend have found the answers you were looking for. .. :huh:
  • fr3smyl
    Lol. I think so. I am going to keep checking forums to make sure this is right. :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Lol that was weird. Anywho if u feel better at 1400 eat that. Ur weight loss might be alittle slower but atleast u will stick with it!
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

My first bit of advice would be to get yourself a food scale and start weighing your food. Don't go by cups and only use 'servings' if they're your own recipes that you've entered under the recipe section.

Also not everyone stalls. It's normal to sometimes not lose an ounce for a couple of weeks or more. You won't ever lose the exact same amount week in week out.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Am I missing something?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Rightio then It seems you and your friend have found the answers you were looking for. .. :huh:

You ruined it. You should have let them keep talking to them selves.
  • Christine_72
    Merkavar wrote: »

lmao I know!! But I felt sorry for them :tongue:

• shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    :/
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I am suddenly very fond of the OP :bigsmile: and her friend @fr3smyl

if I may join the conversation though, give it 6-8 weeks, look at your average weight loss over that time and then adjust your calories

oh and get up and move more - just walking more (say 30 mins a day) could give you a few hundred calories extra
  • fr3smyl
    Merkavar wrote: »

lmao I know!! But I felt sorry for them :tongue:
    I have started weighing my food.
  • fr3smyl
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I am suddenly very fond of the OP :bigsmile: and her friend @fr3smyl

if I may join the conversation though, give it 6-8 weeks, look at your average weight loss over that time and then adjust your calories

oh and get up and move more - just walking more (say 30 mins a day) could give you a few hundred calories extra

Okay, I will do it for the extra calories.
    Do I need to mark something in order to get notified if someone posts in adiscussion I start?