Splurged on breakfast today

Options
So today I splurged and cooked a 2 egg mushroom and cheese omelet with a side of buttered Raisin cinnamon toast. Yummy but close to 800 calories. good thing I don't do this as often as I used to. Will be eating light the rest of the day. LOL!

Replies

• CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It happens. We are allowed to splurge every once in a while.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    So today I splurged and cooked a 2 egg mushroom and cheese omelet with a side of buttered Raisin cinnamon toast. Yummy but close to 800 calories. good thing I don't do this as often as I used to. Will be eating light the rest of the day. LOL!

How do you get 800 calories from that? Two eggs are about 160, two slices of raisin toast about 150, a tablespoon of butter for your toast and to oil your omelet pan is about 100, mushrooms hardly count, even so, let's say 15, for a total of about 425. How on earth did you manage to do nearly 400 calories of cheese in a two-egg omelet? Just curious . . .
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

How do you get 800 calories from that? Two eggs are about 160, two slices of raisin toast about 150, a tablespoon of butter for your toast and to oil your omelet pan is about 100, mushrooms hardly count, even so, let's say 15, for a total of about 425. How on earth did you manage to do nearly 400 calories of cheese in a two-egg omelet? Just curious . . .

Your assuming 2 slices of toast and 1 tablespoon of butter. For some people, that would be an incorrect assumption! You have clearly never seen the men in my family eat Sunday breakfast :wink:
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You forgot the cheeeeeeseeee. BOOM 300 calories
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Your assuming 2 slices of toast and 1 tablespoon of butter. For some people, that would be an incorrect assumption! You have clearly never seen the men in my family eat Sunday breakfast :wink:

You're right; I was assuming two slices. Could have been six with a stick of butter. But that would probably put it over 800.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

28 grams of shredded cheddar is 180 calories I think. So a couple servings of cheese would account for close to that number
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Besides arguing about the calories count, I think we should celebrate that OP is trying to save the rest of her day. So many , myself included, would likely say, "I'll start over tomorrow," and eat bad for the rest of the day. Good for you!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Now I really want some buttery raisin toast....but I already braved the grocery store today (festival being held in shopping center so lots of madness).

Hmm what else can I put butter on....

Your breakfast sounds awesome and sometimes it's great to splurge a little!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OK, Here was Breakfast. The pancake mix makes a very fluffy omelet. The Bread was actually made in a bakery by my sister and I know she spares nothing when it comes to ingredients so 316 C sounded reasonable. I probably put more than 1tbsp of margarine on so I should go back and add those in. I did use PAM cooking spray on my fry pan. The breakfast/brunch was Delish.

Your Food Diary For:

 Saturday, April 25, 2015  

Breakfast Calories
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 2 large 185
    Cheese - Cheddar, 0.25 cup, shredded 114 
    Mushrooms - Raw, 0.5 cup, pieces or slices 8 
    Krusteaz - Buttermikl Pancake Mix, 1/12 cup mix 45 9
    Homemade - Cinnamon Raisin Bread, 2 slice 316 
    Blue Bonnet - Light Tub Margarine, 1 TBSP 40

Total 708

Leaves me with 572 for supper unless I get some exercise in.

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it's better to eat too much at breakfast I think, as you can adjust your following meals and maybe squeeze in some exercise if it's possible for you
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    IHOP uses pancake batter in their scrambled eggs, which tasted awful to me. I switched to omelets, which also tasted awful and probably also uses pancake batter. The only thing left was eggs benedict, which they stopped serving, so IHOP is a page in the past. I refuse to buy pancakes in a restaurant when they are so freaking cheap and taste so much better homemade.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am confused as to what IHOP and pancakes has to do with this thread.....

Anyway OP nothing at all wrong with treating yourself a hearty breakfast. So you just adjust the rest of your day. It's a lot easier to do that than it might be for say an 1100 calorie diner like the one I ate on Thursday. :p

In fact just might treat myself to something like that tomorrow morning. French toast will be a nice break from my usual cereal and fruit. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was eating a regular Sunday breakfast of 2 poached eggs, french fries, bacon, toast and coffee for the past year and loved every bite.

Right now I'm working on an insomnia issue and have had to put those foods on hold for the next eight weeks, but I will be back to it.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    I am confused as to what IHOP and pancakes has to do with this thread.....

Anyway OP nothing at all wrong with treating yourself a hearty breakfast. So you just adjust the rest of your day. It's a lot easier to do that than it might be for say an 1100 calorie diner like the one I ate on Thursday. :p

In fact just might treat myself to something like that tomorrow morning. French toast will be a nice break from my usual cereal and fruit. :)

OP uses pancake batter in her omelet, as does IHOP.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had french toast with syrup and 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast! It was heavenly!! And thankfully very filling! In other words, we're in the same boat!