I need nearly all of them

Options
Hollisamara
Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I eat nearly all of my exercise calories. My daily allowance (not including exercise cals) is 1200, I just can't seem to get full/ feel satisfied. I'm constantly hungry, my stomach rumbles and hurts and I struggle to sleep. When I eat nearly all of my exercise calories It's so much better but I feel guilty. I've read that most of you either don't eat them back at all, or only way half. I've tried doing this but I'm left so hungry. Being hungry leads me to binge... I lost 7 lbs at first but lately the weight loss has stalled. I went on holiday after Easter so ate rubbish for two weeks, didn't count my calories. Then when I came back I did really well for 7 days, weighed myself and was the same pre-Easter and holiday. That day I came on my period so have been super hungry and tired (I binged Thursday evening). I'm scared to weigh myself again next week, I don't think I'll have lost and it's really getting me down. I see people having steady losses each week and here's me stuck at the same weight for 4 weeks. I guess this post was just a bit of a rant but I'm feeling so de-motivated and down at the mo I really need some advice.

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're probably being too strict with your goals. Are you set to lose 2 pounds a week? Change it to one pound or half a pound a week to allow yourself more calories. If you are only eating 1200 cals per day you should be eating back ALL of your exercise calories. People that don't when their calories are set that low are not losing weight in a healthy way. I know most want to lose weight as quickly as possible, but it sounds like this isn't sustainable for you. You shouldn't be miserable, and if you are, you need to reevaluate what you're doing. I would rather eat a few more calories and lose slower than make myself miserable to the point of giving up.
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    You're probably being too strict with your goals. Are you set to lose 2 pounds a week? Change it to one pound or half a pound a week to allow yourself more calories. If you are only eating 1200 cals per day you should be eating back ALL of your exercise calories. People that don't when their calories are set that low are not losing weight in a healthy way. I know most want to lose weight as quickly as possible, but it sounds like this isn't sustainable for you. You shouldn't be miserable, and if you are, you need to reevaluate what you're doing. I would rather eat a few more calories and lose slower than make myself miserable to the point of giving up.

I set it to 1200 calories myself just incase i underestimate or can't weigh something. X
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Pick a random, and probably too low, number then wonder why you're hungry and binge ... I see a very simple cause/effect relationship here.

With 21 pounds to lose, let MFP calculate your target for either .5 or 1 pound per week loss .... eat to that. If you exercise, eat them. Weigh solids, measure liquids, log accurately.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i started on here at 1200. i found it pretty much impossible to stick with. i upped it to 1500 and am doing way better. that being said i don't do intense workouts more than twice a week pretty much because they leave me ravenous.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Be realistic and pick a calorie target that you can live with. its all very well choosing 1200 but if it makes you miserable, you binge or quit then whats the point? It will also take time for your easter diet break to work its way through. You cna always do more exercise so you can eat more (notwithstanding without info , no idea what or how much you are doing).

Your other option is to look at what you eat and figure out if there are options which would give you more satiety.

imo .5lb a week would be more sustainable.