motivation is the key to success who agrees?

Options
Been on and off this app for a year now, but find myself needing a push towards the right direction.

Replies

• unbreakable51
    unbreakable51 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%. It's easy to lose that motivation. In the past it has helped me to focus on health. The problems I will start to have, if I don't make some changes. I am not a fan of The Biggest Loser, but I used to watch it quite a bit. When they talk about how the fat starts to interfere with your organs, it really gets to me. I don't remember the official term for it. But they show images of fat inside, not just a layer of fat on the outside. It's disturbing to me. I should just find a picture of this and post it on my fridge and pantry. lol
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I would not say so much motivation. I had that for years. Determination sure. The sense that I deserve to feel good about myself and that deserve to make my health my first priority, definitely.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Motivation get's you started. But will not keep you going. Your deep seeded reason for being here is what will keep you going.

When your WHY is stronger then your vice, limiting belief, excuse...etc...then you will be successful....but not until then. You simply have to believe you are worth the effort.

Doing the right things consistently for a long enough period of time to see he result...is the key to success.

At some point you transition from external motivation to internal...that is where the magic happens...and at some point he daily "grind" just becomes your new normal...your new lifestyle.

I failed many many times before I made it...but the payoff is worth it. I am worth the effort.

You are worth the effort. Keep going....

56kjtlnek8c9.jpg

Robert
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes motivation plays a part in getting going and some times to keep going. That motivation can come from the outside but deep down you will have to push yourself. The one thing I am working on is to stay consistent. Once you have done something (eating right, exercising, logging meals etc) for a while if you stop it will feel odd and you will want to go back to it. Take one day at a time and be consistent with making choices that will help you achieve your goals. Remember small steps forward add up to big progress.

You can do it. So keep going!!!