Vacation eating tips to not get sick

Options
MonkeyMel21
MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
I eat fairly healthy, salads for lunch, homemade dinners, fast food maybe once a month. Especially right now since I'm gearing up for vacation in 3 weeks. Lots of fruits and vegetables. My question is, how do I keep from getting sick and just all over miserable while on vacation since I will more than likely be eating a whole range of foods. We're going to an all inclusive resort in Mexico. I plan on eating fresh fruits and veggies when available but I'm going to want to be able to enjoy myself and not be concerned that what I eat now will make me super bloated and terribly uncomfortable the next day. I know that it's bound to happen but does anyone have experience and can give me tips to keep in mind while ordering and choosing foods? When I go out to eat I have a hard time thinking about what I'm eating, lol. I had a whole plate of fried clams before my main dish (salad) last Monday evening because they were just so delicious and we never go out to eat, and the next day I looked pregnant from bloat and just felt like *kitten*. I don't want that to happen while I'm on the beach!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Having a limited diet will probably see you get slightly intolerant to many things. You can reintroduce them slowly and get over your issues, but If you don't want any ill effects on holiday don't eat anything you don't normally eat.