Weight going up whilst exercising.

Options
Who else has noticed their weight increasing since exercising?
How long does it take for your body to start losing weight whilst exercising? Feeling disheartened.

Replies

• Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Any new activity will come with some temporary water retention

Did you also increase the amount of food you're eating?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Yes, I’m quoting myself on this one....
    Water retention.

This is why weight is such a horrible data point. Measure your body (neck, chest, stomach, waist, hips, upper arms, upper legs) and take pictures. That is a much better set of data to see progress on fat loss.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I too used to feel disheartened when I joined the gym after xmas,since Jan I have fluctuated between 11st 9 and 11st 7 but have lost 10inches from bust,hips and waist,the most coming from my hips! This weight fluctuatiin worried me because I had my first wedding dress fitting in April having ordered it in Nov and I had the size smaller ordered but because the scales werent moving I was so nervous come April but it fitted like a glove :-) x
  • spk1982
    spk1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am facing the same problem!
    I am a new mom, my baby is 2 months old and i need to get back into my pre pregnancy weight, i work out and do jillian michaels and fitness blender workouts and love the endorphins! I use MFP to stay below 1800 cals, can't go too low on cals as I'm breastfeeding. I eat very clean.
    Still I haven't lost any weight since the last month. I lost 4 kg when i started this journey but now the scales just dont move!