peanut butter

Options
Does anyone else get really constipated off of peanut butter? I LOVE it, and have eaten it my whole life, but recently (last 6 months), I get so constipated off of it. I don't know if i eat too much of it (i have eaten a 2lb jar within a week sometimes) but does anyone else have this problem? I don't want to give it up forever but I don't know a better substitute either

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    How do you know it's the peanut butter causing the constipation?
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well because when i don't eat it i feel okay and have bowel movements, but when I do eat it, it's harder for me to have a bowel movement
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I always thought peanuts did the opposite.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is basically oil and fiber -- both good for constipation.

For me, the problem was cheese. Too much is evil!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter and almond butter usually make me go. But stay away from that processed gunk like reeses, Skippy , and jif. All that staff will most likely back u up like a block of cheese would.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get really constipated off of peanut butter? I LOVE it, and have eaten it my whole life, but recently (last 6 months), I get so constipated off of it. I don't know if i eat too much of it (i have eaten a 2lb jar within a week sometimes) but does anyone else have this problem? I don't want to give it up forever but I don't know a better substitute either

How much fiber are you eating?

I find I am more constipated when I eat a lot of fiber from protein bars, veggies, & burritos (darn you Red's burritos & Quest bars for being so tasty).

Just keep drinking water & if you like prunes try to eat a few of them.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Pb2 instead of the regular PB. It does not make me constipated and I have it everyday.