Anybody who has a once a month free/cheat day, success stories?

2»

Replies

• eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    catieraney wrote: »
    This is more often than what you're asking about, but I have cheat weekends every two weeks when I visit my boyfriend. I'm not quite sure how much I go over because I don't log, but I definitely go over saturday and sunday (on Friday I workout out hard before going so I don't eat over that day). I will say that I also try to get some fitness in by spending the day in the city walking around or going on a walk on the trails near his house, which makes me feel a bit better about it.

Anyway, with all that cheating, I've still averaged a 1 pound per week loss in the last month, which I'm happy with. I'm set to lose -1.5/week, so I guess it is slowing me down, but it's fine with me.

This is awesome. :) Love that it's working for you, I hope it does for me too!
  • eisterunicorn
    katem999 wrote: »
    I've lost weight twice in my life. First time with a personal trainer, on a very restrictive diet, but he insisted I have a treat meal once a week (and I happily obliged). Even after I stopped the restrictive diet, I kept the pattern of healthy eating through the week and a treat meal on the weekend, and it served me well until 2 pregnancies in 2 years, so now I'm back to it and it's going well so far. Friday nights we have burger and chips and beer after the kids are asleep, watching a movie or favourite tv show.

I don't think I could do a whole day, and I don't think I'd enjoy it as much to have a whole day once a month rather than one treat meal once a week. It's all about what works for you, and what's maintainable

That sounds fun! And yeah, I will see if this works for me and if it doesn't I will try the indulgent meal once a week or so. :)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    If I know that I am going out to eat and plan to eat a lot, I usually try to have a light breakfast so that the calories even out. But even if I didn't I wouldn't worry about a treat meal every once in a while. Even if you ate a massive meal (2,000 calories) you would likely wipe out your deficit for the week and wind up with a 0 gain or have a slight half pound gain depending on you rate of loss.
  • eisterunicorn
    If I know that I am going out to eat and plan to eat a lot, I usually try to have a light breakfast so that the calories even out. But even if I didn't I wouldn't worry about a treat meal every once in a while. Even if you ate a massive meal (2,000 calories) you would likely wipe out your deficit for the week and wind up with a 0 gain or have a slight half pound gain depending on you rate of loss.

True true. Thanks for posting :)
    I try to do the same as far as breakfast. It makes it more like half a free day.