It's finally working!!! :)

Options
Hello everyone!! My name is Krystle. I am from Manchester, NH. I have tried and failed many many many times to lose weight but it never works. I have suffered through depression over the loss of my mother ten years ago and a very nasty divorce. Something snapped the other day and I finally decided that I was done sitting around and being depressed. I completely changed my diet. I still need to add more exercise to my lifestyle but just changing my diet up has worked so well. In 11 days I have dropped 10 pounds.

Instead of eating tons of carbs and sugar I now eat a lot of protein and healthy fats. Instead of fried food and junky snacks I now eat nuts, avocado, and hard boiled eggs for a snack. Emotional eating has stopped. Eating out of boredom has stopped.

I am not sure what caused me to snap like that but I am glad it did.

I have been living with PCOS and after I had my son I gained 100 pounds in a year. My weight just kept going up from there. My highest was 11 days ago at 315. I am now 305. When I come back from my Disney vacation (Leaving tomorrow!!!!!) I am hoping that I will be under 300. I am planning on Greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast and eggs, nuts and cheese sticks for snacks, and healthy lunches and dinners. With all of the walking around I am sure I will be burning calories like crazy!

I bought a shirt at the store today that I really really liked but it was too small. It is hanging on my closet door as my "inspiration shirt". I can't wait to be able to wear it.

Replies

• riyakumar79
    riyakumar79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi congrats n best of luck you can do it
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you Riyakumar. I hope so!
  • blararod
    blararod Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Best of luck to you!
  • ilovejoedirt
    ilovejoedirt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Enjoy your vacation. We go to Disneyland Paris a lot and it's not easy to eat healthily but it can be done and as you say there will be plenty of walking. I lost 4lbs on our visit when I was first losing ( and it was my birthday!)
  • Greenkat57
    Greenkat57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Epix! sounds like we both had a similar experience. I had gained 25 lbs. in 3 mos. from my meds & the xtreme fatigue it caused. I got on the scale at the doctor's this past February & I was my highest weight ever...350!!!

I started making changes to my diet & walking & have lost almost 30 pounds since then. 10 pounds a month is okay with me...or just the scale heading in the right direction.

So good for you...keep it going. Lots of luck.

Kathy
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Awesome, go girl!!!!!!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Great work! Sounds like you have your plan for Disney too. Take it a day at a time and keep it up! Enjoy your trip!
  • 241Journey
    241Journey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you. We around very similar. I'd like to chat with you when you get back! Find me.
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is going to be not having a scale while I am on vacation. Lol. I actually like looking at the scale now because the number is moving in the direction I want it to. :) I have a food plan all set to go for the parks and will be doing research on what restaurants they have before we leave each morning to see if I can come up with a plan to eat healthy for dinner. We fly out in the morning, I cannot wait!!!
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good luck