Who uses a pedometer app?

Options
njlegault
njlegault Posts: 15 Member
So I recently discovered this free pedometer app called Pacer that syncs with MFP.

I'm using that to calculate my steps and it automatically adds calories to your diary based on your steps.

I'm aiming for 10k but barely breaking 5k right now. My main gripe is that since the app is on my cell phone I always have to carry it to count my steps and sometimes I forget it on the desk, in the car, etc. but ... It's free so can't complain too much. I'm loving the insights into how much I'm walking (on average) and also it's helping me aim for more steps each day. Anyone else using something similar or got similar stories or tips?

Replies

• shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used a free app from Beth Israel Hospital. It is very basic but did what I wanted it to. Unfortunately, I got very discouraged by the numbers. Ended up the stride length I entered in the settings was way off by 10". I figured that out by walking what I knew was 1 mile and divided that by the number of steps the pedometer counted. Once corrected, the numbers were much more "normal" and encouraging. :happy:

On a side note, I used to tuck the phone under my suspenders on my shoulder and that worked great. With warmer weather and shrinking waist, I don't wear suspenders anymore so I thought I'd just tuck my phone in my waistband. F A I L ! ! ! Seems my belly still jiggles about 4 times per step :grumble:
  • Anemic_Oak
    Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit and love it
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit to track my steps and I really like it. But I use map my run if I'm gonna go out walking or hiking. All three work together, and I like seeing the map of where I've walked. Map my run greatly overestimates my calories... But secretly it makes me feel better.
  • Serendipitous_Life
    Serendipitous_Life Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also use FitBit & love it! <3
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use that pacer and have done for the last couple of years.