Fitbit exercise calories.

Options
I bought the Charge about 2 weeks ago and love it. However, I'm not sure about the exercise calories it gives back. I know some people eat a percentage back and some people eat all or none of regular user entered exercise, but is that the case with fitbit calories? Feedback, please.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    If you're losing faster than you'd expect, you could eat more of them. And vice versa.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat them back and I sometimes don't.

It depends on if I'm hungry or not.

Continue what you're doing if you're losing adequately and safely, eat more if you're losing too much, eat less if you're not losing enough.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it it isn't really giving you exercise calories, it's just adjusting the activity level you set for yourself here to it's correct level - so on days you're not sedentary it's giving you the calories you'd have got set to a higher more accurate activity level. I have the FitBit One and I lose eating them all back but if you're not hungry you're not compelled to. I use the extra calories as incentive to stay active though!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You already know that a whole whack of people, based on what they say on the forums, seem to be able to eat 100% of their Fitbit adjustment.

Some have said 90%.

And a whole whack of others say they eat back anywhere from 50% to none.

You won't know what works for you till you try it.

And it also depends in how tight your logging is.
  • jenniferann320
    jenniferann320 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it it isn't really giving you exercise caloriei s, it's just adjusting the activity level you set for yourself here to it's correct level - so on days you're not sedentary it's giving you the calories you'd have got set to a higher more accurate activity level. I have the FitBit One and I lose eating them all back but if you're not hungry you're not compelled to. I use the extra calories as incentive to stay active though!

Me too! I am unfortunately motivated by food... But in this case on in a good way. I know if I keep moving I can eat more. It works for me :)
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I kept getting huge adjustments so I changed my activity setting from active to very active ( I have an active job and move a lot) and now the adjustments are more reasonable. If I'm super active or on the weekend I"ll probably eat back all of the additional adjustment. Other days if i'm ok, not hungry I only eat back some or none...I also changed the setting to dominant even though on non-dominant hand to adjust for any overestimations by fitbit and logging inaccuracies on MFP
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories back if you feel you need them. I don't use mine often but it's great to have that extra if I feel hungry or really just want something extra yummy.