Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince(ss) and dinner like a beggar

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's proven that eggs and butter do have a profound impact on satiety.

For some people, yes. I can easily take down a dozen eggs worth of scramblies in a meal, and two hours later, I'll be hungry again.

There are very few universals...

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    It's proven that eggs and butter do have a profound impact on satiety.

For some people, yes. I can easily take down a dozen eggs worth of scramblies in a meal, and two hours later, I'll be hungry again.

There are very few universals...

nods
    I can put away 6 + veggies and a side of a bacon and be hungry later as well.

I mean- usually it's my dinner- so I go to bed and I don't notice but yeah- I mean- they are good and all but they don't fill me up like a giant steak- sweet potatoe and a whole bucket of veggies do.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    it's funny b/c i just posted something similar to this. if i eat in the mornings, i am usually so hungry afterward. if i skip breakfast, i can go all day w/o being hungry and w/o eating. so just for me personally, that statement isn't true.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Once again, let's add some science to the discussion, instead of relying on opinions & anecdotes.
    You can science all you want, but a big breakfast makes me hungrier all day.

My opinion is that a smaller breakfast -- or no -- works better for me, regardless of whether it works better for others.

64078106.png

That and the science only adds up to 1400 total calories which is about what my dinner usually is.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This was a great idea back in the day when most people got up and plowed fields all day. but for most people these days it's not necessary.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was really hoping "kryostasys" would have been explained by the time I got up this morning.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I prefer it the other way around.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping "kryostasys" would have been explained by the time I got up this morning.

Kryostasys is what Hydra puts the Winter Soldier in between assignations. So if your metabolism goes into kryostasys you have to wake it up before it can assassinate the food you eat. Duh!

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    I completely disagree. In fact, my eating pattern is the exact opposite of that. But you will get various opinions as different things work for different people.

This. I eat a large percentage of my daily calories after 8pm....like 50%+
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »

Kryostasys is what Hydra puts the Winter Soldier in between assignations. So if your metabolism goes into kryostasys you have to wake it up before it can assassinate the food you eat. Duh!

*head slap* I only watched Avengers last night, I so should have known that!! I wonder if the Choc-Top I ate during the movie put my metabolism into kryostasys? It was pretty cold!!