boredom eating

What so you do when you're bored and feel the urge to snack?

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    I try to have calories set aside in my day for that very reason. Right now my thing is popcorn with melted coconut oil and honey. SO YUMMY!
  • savanna541sa408
    savanna541sa408 Posts: 6 Member
    I chew gum. It has very little calories.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    I eat an apple. I used to snack on 5 multigrain, low fat crackers, but quickly realized that "5" became "an entire sleeve" of the course of 30 mins, me picking at them in 5 cracker increments. So when I feel the urge to snack, I've stopped telling myself "just eat 5 crackers, you'll be fine," because I know that I'll be back for another 5. And then another. And then another. I would never open an entire sleeve, pour it out in front of myself, and then eat it. But I can go through an entire sleeve 5 crackers at a time, in no time at all. Some how my mind thinks it's different if I eat it in increments.

So now, instead of eating "a little something," I try to put something substantial together in the hopes of keeping me from grazing. My go to is fat free cottage cheese + slice up banana + 40g of raisins + diced apple + (maybe) 5 crackers crushed in just to get my "salt" fix. Eating that all at once gets me through, and seems to shut down my cravings. It works better for me than eating 5 crackers, and then hoping I don't go back to the pantry for more/something else.