the scale is not moving ?!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So I will watch the scale for another week and if still no change then I will have to definitly check the food intake better. I need/ want to loose about 117 lbs total .. Ive got a long road ahead I can't allow myslef to get discouraged
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So I will watch the scale for another week and if still no change then I will have to definitly check the food intake better. I need/ want to loose about 117 lbs total .. Ive got a long road ahead I can't allow myslef to get discouraged

You should just buy the food scale asap. They are like 15-20 bucks at any department store or place that sells kitchenware. You're going to need it eventually (when you get closer to goal, there is little room for error).
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    I have a food scale I will pull it out of retirement
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    I get confused too cause when I finish the logging entry for the day it tells me I could weigh this amount in 5 weeks but I don't see it with how its going now
  • arditarose
    Options
    I get confused too cause when I finish the logging entry for the day it tells me I could weigh this amount in 5 weeks but I don't see it with how its going now

It's not always accurate, and you're not in the deficit you think you are as you are not weighing your food. Weigh your food for a week or so, all solids should go on there. Meat, veg, pasta, peanut butter, and even semi-solid condiments like ketchup and mayonnaise. I even weigh my olive oil and cocoa powder.
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    How do I log it after its weighed
  • arditarose
    Options
    How do I log it after its weighed

Well, let's use the most simple example. Say you have room for a serving of pasta for dinner. Look at the box and see how many grams are in the 1/2 cup serving, or however many servings you have room for (it's usually about 200 calories), and weigh it out. You can use the barcode scanner to chose the exact brand you will be having. Enter however many grams you weighed out.
  • arditarose
    Options
    If you want, look at my diary for last week (exclude Saturday and Sunday because I was out and did not weigh food). Everything is weighed down to the gram. It's pretty simple to input.
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    Its gonna be a work in progress for me. I will have to look and see and figure it out. Thank you. I just have a hard time fighting cravings but with exercising more and getting excited about doing that I have found I do not crave the bad stuff as much.. This is going to be such a long road
  • arditarose
    Options
    Play around with the app, and learn how to log accurately and weigh food. Once you do that...you can fit those "bad things" into your day properly, because there is no such thing as a bad food. A bad diet, perhaps. I eat dessert every single night. Chocolate every day.
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    Thank u so much
  • arditarose
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MeraiahB
    MeraiahB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Salt can be a culprit and not drinking enough water.
  • elizabethcook5
    Options
    Finally starting to loose...its coming off slowly but that's OK..I don't mind that as long as its coming off :-)