Weight loss plateau help!!!!

Options
I've lost 20 pounds so far and haven't got the scale to move at all in 3 weeks. Irritated and unhappy. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just keep staying in calorie deficit and you'll be fine. Don't worry about being in a plateau. It's normal.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. BUT, I've noticed my clothes are a little looser. So don't just rely on the scale. Consider how you feel, both emotionally and physically, and whether you've lost inches. You'll get there!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Are you close to goal? Have you adjusted your calories now that you have lost 20 lbs?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I'd guess you arent weighing your food. On the one hand that normally means you are eating more than you think, bit looking at your diary you are consistently eating below 1200 calories. If you were truly <1200 calories as your diary states then you should still be losing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The majority of the time a long stall or plateau means the person is eating more than they think.
    I'm talking 4-6 + weeks of nothing moving, not the occasional week or two here and there...
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs and I've been stalled for the past two weeks. All you can do is to hang in there. I don't have a tape measure, but I've noticed a difference in my clothes (I'm going to need new pants or a belt) and my muscles are tighter. Just keep at it, and you'll start losing weight again.
  • Aridwolf
    Aridwolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising, you are building muscle. Plateau's will happen keep your diet and exercise consistent, but throw in a cheat day every 7 to 10 days and eat an extra 500-700 or so extra calories to get you metabolism out of starve mode.
  • Rames221
    Rames221 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just recently go over a 4-week weight loss plateau where I actually gained a pound even while staying within the deficit and working out 5 times a week. Also, I didn't see any variation in measurements and it was incredibly discouraging. But just know that even though you aren't able to see the results, just know that you are doing your body a huge favor and it is working hard to make the necessary adjustments. :smile:
  • ThePinkPanther83
    ThePinkPanther83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aridwolf wrote: »
    If you are exercising, you are building muscle. Plateau's will happen keep your diet and exercise consistent, but throw in a cheat day every 7 to 10 days and eat an extra 500-700 or so extra calories to get you metabolism out of starve mode.

This is the method that works best for me. A cheat day once a week or so, helps to keep your body from getting to use to your diet and exercise routine, it's good to keep your body guessing every now and then.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Aridwolf wrote: »

This is the method that works best for me. A cheat day once a week or so, helps to keep your body from getting to use to your diet and exercise routine, it's good to keep your body guessing every now and then.

the OP is not building muscle unless obese or new to lifting heavy.

Cheat days are not required to lose weight.

There is no such thing as starvation mode

Bodies don't get "used" to diet and exercise.

OP 3 weeks is not a plateau give it time and it you go another 3 week than you are eating more than you think.