got a lot to loose but...

Options
I just turned 35 and I realized more now then ever I'm a skinny girl trapped in a fat girls body..I am tired of being heavy. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and being unhappy wishing I was a hundred pounds thinner. Well I'm doing something about it. I get discouraged quickly when I don't see the results. I am turning to everyone here to keep me motivated and encouraged so I can loose the 117 lbs I need to loose. Good luck to you all .. Hope to keep each other motivated.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Keep up the positive attitude and you'll do just fine :) As you work to drop the weight be sure to work on the changes in your body, mentally as well. SO many get to their goal and still see their bodies as fat. I think inner work is even more important and lasting then working on the outer part. :)
  • elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. It will be so weird to see myself as thin but I am anxious to see it . I have to decide today to change my lifestyle and stick with it.
  • IryshWhiskey
    IryshWhiskey Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh my gosh it could have been me typing this! I know exactly how you feel and I have literally said before "I am a skinny girl trapped in a fat girl's body." Sometimes I just want to scream and free myself from this very padded prison. I too am at least 100lbs overweight but I can't really explain what keeps me motivated now. This is not the first time I've tried to lose weight, but it's the first time it's ever felt like I'd actually achieve the dream. All of my friends on Facebook are either thin, have these great lives, or are trying to become thin. I looked at them with such envy. But then my best friend in the whole world started to try to lose weight, and I think that's when it really clicked for me. I was about to be alone in my fat suit, and I didn't want that.

My best advice is going to be something you'll hear a lot, unfortunately:

-Honestly count your calories, but keep it fun. You'd be surprised how many delicious and healthy foods there are. If you want some cooking tips, I'm your girl!
    -Exercise. Not to lose weight, but to feel good. That fresh air from a brisk walk or the sun on your skin can make all the difference. Lift your chin up high and just enjoy the world around you. A friend told me something the other day that I loved in regards to me feeling self-conscious when I exercise. "If people are judging you from their windows, f*** em. You're out exercising while their sitting on their butts." That made me laugh and was a good point. Which brings me to the next bit of advice:
    -F*** em. Everyone. Losing weight is all about YOU. Sure it makes life easier if you have kids, or a husband who will enjoy how you look under the covers, but that kind of motivation doesn't last. You have to dig deep down inside your soul and shake hands with that skinny chick. She's ready to be seen, so let her shine.

I'm here for you, because I completely understand how you feel. You can do this!!!
  • elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's how I feel..I see the skinny friends on fb and think I can't be happy with myself until I am thin..and I know that I should be happy with myself at any size but I just feel that I wasn't meant to be this heavy. Although I know I don't look the weight I am. I still am this weight and I still need to loose over 100 lbs. I want to be able to shop for close and not slap my belly fat cause its there and it disgusts me. I feel that exercising helps me to feel like I'm going to reach the goal. I've done it before and failed or put it back on and I think damn it if I wouldn't have stopped back then I would be where I want to be today but instead I'm starting from scratch at a heavier weight I've ever been.. Thanks for the insight and kind words. I just might need some fun recipes :-)
  • JMADCJ
    JMADCJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I know exactly what you are talking about, have always been the "fat funny friend" all my life. I have been told so many times "you have such a pretty face" lol like they couldn't find anything else to say. I have been on diets, lost and gained so many times. I am now in my early 40's, have a closet of clothes I can't fit into, and wear the same thing all the time because I can't afford to go out and buy new. I get really discouraged when i am first on a diet and the scale does not move. This has already happened to me since I have started (earlier this month), I got discourage and wanted to quit because I thought "why try?" But I am back on here because I am DETERMINED to get this weight off!! I want to do it for myself, not for my husband or anyone else. I want to be able to play with my little boy without being too tired and exhausted. I have to remember to focus on more than just the scale, and it won't come off overnight or without lots of work....hopefully we can all be motivation for each other!! :smiley: