WeightWatchers Style Activity points?

Options
Is there a way for me to "save up" the exercise calories that I gain on a day to day basis in order to use them at the weekend, similar to the way WeightWatchers works with activity?

I quite like to treat myself with a bit of ice cream or something but it always takes me over my goal calorie amount for that day and I don't like seeing the red. I try and stick within my calorie goal for the days previous so that my exercise just gets added over and above this and I know that it averages out overall, but the red makes me feel bad.

I think this makes sense?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you look at the phone app you can look at your weekly totals and go by those but no there is no way to "carry over" the excess from days before.

If you have ice cream one day and it puts you over that day it's not a big deal esp if you are under for the week.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My thoughts, exactly! So I tried this for awhile. During the week..I added 100 calories a few times as 'Quick calories'..but I did NOT eat that 100 cals.. I saved them for the weekend. Then on the weekend, I used them for whatever I saved them for..I did not log that in..but made a little note in my food note section..just for my own reference. Works..if you keep on top of it. Best part? NO RED!! I think I will do that again this week.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There's no 'official' way to do it with the app or website but you can just keep track of the calories in your head. If you look back in your diary and you've been 100 calories less for the last 5 days you can eat an extra 500 calories that day. It's basically the idea behind intermittent fasting.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just added something to the calorie database. Look up 'calories saved' as if it were a food.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can't 'carry it over' but there are a lot of users who track on a weekly basis as opposed to a daily basis. Again, you have to monitor this yourself through your reports, but it can be done.
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Log your exercise on the day you plan to eat the extra snacks rather than the day you earn the calories.

Example: Log my 200 calories burned from my walk on Friday on Sunday to offset my planned snack.