Low Carb

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have just started on Low Carb and was looking for some advice. The Following is my plan for food today:-

B/Fast Two Boiled Eggs Chopped with Butter
Lunch Chicken or Tuna Salad with Full Fat Mayo
Snack Babybel Cheese x 2
Dinner Sirloin Steak, Mushrooms fried in coconut oil, Asparagus

Its taking me over my 1200 for the day will I still lose weight eating this way or do I have to stay under 20g carbs and 1200 calories?

Still trying to get my head round it all, seems weird to be eating fatty stuff :dizzy:

Thanks in advance, Mhairi

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    You should go to the LC group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad

Also, why do you think you need to restrict yourself to 1200 calories? If it's because MFP told you so, that's a default setting that isn't really accurate for pretty much anyone. Use this to figure out your real macros and calorie limit: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ You can then adjust them on MFP by going to Goals>Change Goals>Custom

You don't have to stay under 20g, unless you're intending to do keto. If you are intending to do keto, you start at 20g, and after you become adapted (about a month or so), you can start raising that number until you find the upper limit that throws you out of ketosis, stay below that, whatever it is. If you are doing keto, you need to incorporate some broth, NoSalt or MIO into your daily intake to keep your electrolytes up, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water, more than you normally would. Otherwise you'll get keto flu, which is unnecessary and unfun.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its a tough thing to stick with and its arguably not sustainable long term. Eating higher-quality fats is OK but super low carbs has its issues. Just track how you feel and tread carefully.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    s2mikey wrote: »
    Yeah, its a tough thing to stick with and its arguably not sustainable long term. Eating higher-quality fats is OK but super low carbs has its issues. Just track how you feel and tread carefully.

You still haven't told me when I'm going to fail after 15 years, yet keep insisting it's not sustainable long term. Do you have an end date in mind for when I'm going to self-destruct?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eating fatty stuff is great. <3 My guess is that you are supposed to be eating more than 1200. Increase your calories a little, esp while you are transitioning. The first three or four days will feel weird (not bad, just different) and you will feel find by day five.
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Two words: Zucchini noodles. Just shred some zucchini into noodle formation and have all ur pasta entrees without the carbs! I usually buy sugar free pasta sauce but regular pasta is usually only 2g carbs more.

If it makes you feel better I never felt sluggish or sick when I started.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    s2mikey wrote: »

You still haven't told me when I'm going to fail after 15 years, yet keep insisting it's not sustainable long term. Do you have an end date in mind for when I'm going to self-destruct?

Hahaha you beat me to it!!

• ThisOrderedLife
    ThisOrderedLife Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a 50g/day carber (only more when I train hard)...

Its possible and its possible while being very tasty