How to be slim - a BBC video.

Options
I really do not know which category of the forums to put this, but I just watched this really enlightening YouTube video from BBC entitled "How to be slim" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSm1dWjMGeM - that's just the first part, it's a longer video broken up into 6 parts)

A few of the key points that I thought was really interesting were:

1. A high calcium intake aids in excreting more fat (in your feces)

2. Soup fills you up more than simply having a glass of water first then the solid meal (because the water just momentarily fills and stretches your stomach, then moves on to the small intestines whereas soup actually stays in your stomach longer)

3. A "fatter" person has a higher BMR than a "skinnier" person of relatively similar age, activity level etc. And that, that thin friend of yours who seem to never gain weight regardless of the amount she eats, actually isn't eating as much as you think she is.

Of course, I am not here to tell you what is right, what is wrong and how to go about with your fitness, I just wanted to share this video. It's really interesting, especially when they go about proving their hypothesis with scientific experiments (not sure if these experiments were further repeated which would have increased its validity, but regardless, just watch it.)