Little Victories... Right?

Options
I started consistently logging again within the last 2 weeks. Just to give some background - when I originally started MFP I was around 225 and got down to around 204 a few years ago and that's the lowest weight I've been at. Since then my weight ballooned up to 235, my new highest weight. Now I feel like I keep waffling between 228 and 232.

I've begun to reevaluate the way I'm eating and for the most part I'm doing pretty well (I think) with food consumption. Trying to stick to around 130g of carbs a day with a mostly plant based and protein-filled diet. Last weekend I ended up cheating Friday-Sunday and felt crappy about it - it resulted in no weight loss this week. This weekend I cheated Saturday-Sunday and I know I've got to get this under control (as long as I'm better now than I was then, it's progress).

Is there a ton else I can do to start losing? I'm starting to get frustrated with myself

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Is there a ton else I can do to start losing? I'm starting to get frustrated with myself

The only thing you can do is to consume fewer calories than you burn. However you go about doing that is up to you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I started consistently logging again within the last 2 weeks. Just to give some background - when I originally started MFP I was around 225 and got down to around 204 a few years ago and that's the lowest weight I've been at. Since then my weight ballooned up to 235, my new highest weight. Now I feel like I keep waffling between 228 and 232.

I've begun to reevaluate the way I'm eating and for the most part I'm doing pretty well (I think) with food consumption. Trying to stick to around 130g of carbs a day with a mostly plant based and protein-filled diet. Last weekend I ended up cheating Friday-Sunday and felt crappy about it - it resulted in no weight loss this week. This weekend I cheated Saturday-Sunday and I know I've got to get this under control (as long as I'm better now than I was then, it's progress).

I looked at your diary. On the days when you log, you are doing great.

Are you having special events on weekends when you end up going off plan? Or do you just feel like you need a treat at the end of the week? If it is the latter, you might try planning a treat of some sort. I schedule myself for a trip to Dairy Queen once a weekend. It's a tradition with my daughter so it's something fun and I get to have a sweet treat (sweets are a problem for me so I keep them out of the house as much as possible.) Since it is part of my plan each week, it is easier to turn down other treats.
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I treat myself after I achieve little manageable goals. When you look at your weight loss as a huge mountain, it's going to get you down and you'll crave naughty treats like crazy. I tell myself, if you lose 5 lbs this month, you can have ONE cheat treat. I had a chocolate muffin this weekend and it took me SIX weeks to achieve it.
    You can't behave for 5 days a week and go off track for 2! But you need to tell yourself that...
  • Tammyb819
    Tammyb819 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pick up Martha Beck's "4 Day Win" on audiobook (or regular book). On the audio book, she reads herself, so it's her voice talking to you and it's like having her there as your coach. She addresses most of what you talked about, and the "4 Day Win(s)" are those little victories you talk about. This book (along with 3 other strategies that were personal to me) have made my weight loss so much easier (and hopefully permanent) this time. Good luck!