Waking up late? Reduce calorie amount?

Options
Hey

Does waking up late (10.30am) mean that I have to reduce my calorie intake for the day? I usually get up around 7-8ish and eat 1200 for the day but today I slept in and I am worried about eating my allotted amount?

Thank you

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    No.... Just like if you stay up late you don't get more
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. You can still eat your allotted calories. I don't see what the difference would be.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can't see how waking up late would make you reduce your calories?? Don't lower it just because you woke up late.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    well i depends. i would look at it as if i skipped breakfast, and i personally wouldn't eat more to make-up for the missed meal. since you woke-up at lunchtime, i would just go ahead and have lunch, then eat normally for the remainder of the day. just my opinion, i wouldn't try to fit-in more calories to make-up for what you missed while sleeping. to me, that is a great day to have a calorie deficit!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal isn't based on the time you wake up or the number of hours you are awake so it would not change.
    If you are usually very active all day and spend the whole day laying around then you might eat less than normal. Sleeping in or staying awake a couple of hours longer probably doesn't change your day that much.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Calorie goals are good for a 24 hour period. Eat them whenever you wish within that 24 hour period. I generally eat very few calories before 2pm, but most of my calories (50%+) after 8pm.
  • Typhanie_walker
    Typhanie_walker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey

Does waking up late (10.30am) mean that I have to reduce my calorie intake for the day? I usually get up around 7-8ish and eat 1200 for the day but today I slept in and I am worried about eating my allotted amount?

Thank you
    I can't see how waking up late would make you reduce your calories?? Don't lower it just because you woke up late.

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If I wake up late I end up staying up later as I'm not tired when I usually am. So I'm still up for the same amount of time even if the meals end up being pushed back a little