tuna recipes (low carb)

Options
VanillaGorillaUK
VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
Hey, wondering if anyone has ideas.

I typically have tuna (w/ light mayo) salad.

Wanted to try something different?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My Sig.O HATES mayo, so I make tuna in a couple of different ways. I usually always add finely chopped celery and/or shredded broccoli slaw mix to up the fiber.
    Favorite flavorings include:
    * a healthy dose of salsa (straight from the jar, or leftovers from home made pico de gallo) and used on top of salad
    * couple of tsp of goyza dipping sauce and a tsp of garlic/ginger paste, and then eaten lettuce-wrap style
    * a bit of good dark mustard (a little goes a long way!) and a dash of rice vinegar on crackers
    * satay-style--with rice vinegar, a bit of PB2 peanut butter powder, and some cayenne pepper. (Can make it with regular peanut butter, but I find it's easier to control the portions using the powder, and the resulting peanut flavor is still really satisfying.)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Since I was a kid I mixed it with:
    21500048040.jpg

Also, tuna cakes - tuna mixed with an egg, seasonings, and scallions, formed into patties and pan-fried to eat with some kind of tartar sauce/aioli.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Veggie tuna is my go to. Shredded carrots, red bell pepper and red onion are what I like to use. Experiment with your favorite veggies! I eat them rolled up in lettuce leaves.
  • kellyfrasher
    kellyfrasher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make tuna cakes just like a crab cake. Same seasonings~ old bay, chopped onion, chopped red pepper, bread crumbs(or crushed pork rinds for low carb) & mayo to bind these together with the tuna. Pan fry & serve with tartar sauce.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Tuna mixed with a wedge or 2 of Laughing Cow cheese spread (35 cal a wedge). If too thick, add in some plain greek yogurt or mustard or mayo or sweet chili sauce or whatever to thin it out.

Eat in a salad, on crackers, straight, whatever.

I also toss in some capers whenever I have tinned salmon or tuna.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I know this sound weird but it is really really good and spicy too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/tuna-puttanesca-spaghetti-squash.html

Tuna%2BPuttenesca%2BSpaghetti%2BSquash2.jpg

This is really good! skinnytaste.com/2014/04/canned-tuna-ceviche.html