3 Day Diets

Options
Hi! I'm looking for a simple and easy 3 day diet that won't be noticeable by my co-workers. I'm wanting to surprise them by losing weight quickly. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I'm dieting. (It's kind of embarrassing)

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    3 days isn't enough time to lose any fat. The only thing you could possibly do is drink a ton of water and eat nothing for 3 days to shred some water weight, but it won't stay off. Weight loss isn't fast. It's something you need to learn to be patient with.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will be able to lose enough weight in three days to surprise your co-workers.

Why not just begin eating at a calorie deficit? They will be unlikely to notice if you're eating at a deficit.
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you both. I've heard great things about the Military Diet? Does it work?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Okay thank you both. I've heard great things about the Military Diet? Does it work?

Are you looking for temporary water weight loss?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you are trying to lose 5 lbs. What you are proposing will help you lose water weight, not actual fat and therefore not make you look any different to your coworkers, best case scenario. Worst case scenario you get sick of the food restriction within a day or two, binge on a bunch of stuff that you wouldn't have eaten if you were in a slight calorie deficit and moving slowly but steadily toward your goal. The end result is that you will not accomplish what you are looking to do, and may set yourself up on a lifetime of yo-yo dieting.

If you want to do something that is healthy and sustainable start reading through some of the threads that have been stickied to the top of several of the forums, beginning with the 'Getting Started' forum and the 'General Diet and Weight Loss Help' forum.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Any 3 day diet won't be noticeable to your coworkers, because it's not nearly enough time to notice anything. It's not like you'll ever come back from a 3-day weekend and be a totally different person, barring cosmetic surgery. Besides, a "diet" is simply the total of what you eat, and should be looked at as a long term eating plan. The funny thing about people noticing weight loss, is that most people around you all the time won't notice it much, because it's gradual. Then one day someone will do a double take and realize you lost weight if you had a big loss. People who you haven't seen while losing will notice it more when they see you after a big loss though.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Nobody cares/ will notice that you're dieting.
    Do it for yourself or you will fail.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    3 days will just be you dropping water, sorry.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    Is this for real?

probably....
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Is this for real?

Is it just me or is the time window shrinking on these type of posts?

At this rate, by mid-week we'll be seeing posts like "Hey, I need to lose weight by 2 PM, help!"
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?

Is it just me or is the time window shrinking on these type of posts?

At this rate, by mid-week we'll be seeing posts like "Hey, I need to lose weight by 2 PM, help!"

It's Monday-have to start the week off with them!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Are you just trying to lose a few pounds of water weight? Or do you actually want to lose fat?

Rigger

• SezxyStef
    Options
    Per TOS do not post the same topic on multiple boards

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148293/help#latest
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Per her other thread, senior in high school doesn't want people to think she is anorexic...*I hear warning bells*
  • RandomChick116
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Per her other thread, senior in high school doesn't want people to think she is anorexic...*I hear warning bells*
    This isn't the same thread at all. Totally different. :) Also, please don't read too far into that. Last year, my sister was diagnosed as anorexic and had to get some serious professional help. Ever since then, my mom is UBER sensitive about watching what I eat, when I eat, and listening INTENTLY to what I say about myself and to my friends about fitness and such. I am actually a fairly confident person. I just want to shape up by eating healthier and working out before I head off to college. I don't want to freak my mom out. She knows I want to start living a healthier lifestyle and she's okay with it as long as it really IS healthy and I don't starve myself. I'm just trying to find something that will work without freaking my mom out. That's all I meant when I said that. :)
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    This isn't the same thread at all. Totally different. :) Also, please don't read too far into that. Last year, my sister was diagnosed as anorexic and had to get some serious professional help. Ever since then, my mom is UBER sensitive about watching what I eat, when I eat, and listening INTENTLY to what I say about myself and to my friends about fitness and such. I am actually a fairly confident person. I just want to shape up by eating healthier and working out before I head off to college. I don't want to freak my mom out. She knows I want to start living a healthier lifestyle and she's okay with it as long as it really IS healthy and I don't starve myself. I'm just trying to find something that will work without freaking my mom out. That's all I meant when I said that. :)

A healthier life style is doing things in moderation and no special diet will give you that.

So basically if you have 5lbs to lose...do it in a healthy way...1/2lb a week with proper nutrition eating the food you love/crave/want in moderation while still getting in all your healthy macros such as carbs proteins and fats.

Don't deprive yourself...I mean you are young, have fun, eat ice cream but walk there to get it...easy peasy.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you want healthy, avoid the fad crash diets ... all of them.
  • RandomChick116
    Options

A healthier life style is doing things in moderation and no special diet will give you that.

So basically if you have 5lbs to lose...do it in a healthy way...1/2lb a week with proper nutrition eating the food you love/crave/want in moderation while still getting in all your healthy macros such as carbs proteins and fats.

Don't deprive yourself...I mean you are young, have fun, eat ice cream but walk there to get it...easy peasy.

thanks so much! :)
  • RandomChick116
    Options
    If you want healthy, avoid the fad crash diets ... all of them.

THANK YOU!