Intro to me

Options
Hi there! So the request is to introduce myself so I thought I would do so. I"m 37, mother of two and live in Missouri. I've been using MFP for 20 days now so it looks like it might stick (4 weeks to make anything a habit, right?). I've wrestled with weight for about a decade and tried various things. Slowly but surely after 10 years I've manage to get myself 120 lbs over my healthy weight. I think my heaviest was 250-255, but I had not weighed myself in quite some time. I started noticing severe health issues (blood pressure, difficulty sleeping, knee, ankle and back pain etc.) and knew things were getting bad.

About 3 weeks ago I got the flu. Sleeping for a few days coupled with cold medicine and and inability to taste anything, I figured it was the perfect jumping off point to eating healthy. The first time I weighed myself after the flu (and losing at least a handful of lbs) I was 242 lbs. 20 days of tracking later and I'm at 231. I know the rapid weight loss won't last, but it does feel nice to be on a downward trend :smile: I'm trying to just be sensible. I do have one shake in the morning that is pseudo cheating to me (it's one of those generic weight loss shakes), but for the rest, I'm eating real food that I can sustain as an eating lifestyle. Lots of veggies, lean meats and seafood. I actually like a lot of what I'm eating more than the pasta/potato casseroles I was eating before! Being without highly processed food & sugar for so long, I'm to the point where a cheeseburger from McDonald's or a Snickers bar kind of turns my stomach. We'll see how long that lasts. Can't say I have found much that I miss as I find natural healthy-ish alternatives for most. Cept booze. I miss booze.

I've set goals every 5% (from 250 because that was my standard weight for a long time), and have my first big goal of 200 which was my weight about 8 years ago and when I first knew I had to do something drastic (then proceeded to eat out all the time anyway).

The ultimate goal is 135. Even when I was young that was a difficult weight to maintain as I am pretty sturdy, but it's something to shoot for.

The posts and threads on here have been great, and have really helped a lot. I look forward to being a part of the MFP community!!