Walking Shoe or Running Shoe

Options
I need new shoes. I do yoga, play a little tennis, and walk. I am not a runner, I am a walker.
I read that I should use a walking shoe and have looked up the best of 2015---they are not your typical old-people white leather walking shoes, they are pretty cute. Anyway, I went to DSW, Finish Line, Dick's and Scheels..... no one has walking shoes in stock and they all try to sell me a running shoe, stating there's no difference and I don't HAVE to have a walking shoe.

So.... do I order some cute walking shoes online ( new balance, ryka and asics were on the list.) or do I just buy a running shoe in the store... and does it matter??

Does anyone have a great shoe they use for walking?

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Well - if you're getting bad advice from the brick and mortar shops, then find your size shoe in running and use that as a baseline and order your walking shoes online.

The shoes are engineered differently, although you won't experience many complications walking in a running shoe.
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kind of what I was thinking.
    Kind of annoyed.... I went in with my list of shoes from my online research and no one had any of them... and the salesman acted like I was ridiculous for even asking for a walking shoe, because they are mostly for "old people". I said--Well I actually found a lot of cute ones online-you just don't carry any of them.
    I just want to get what's right for me--especially for the money I'm going to spend.
    Thanks! :)
  • lhabich
    lhabich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try city sports they have a pretty good selection...