• glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in Towson, pretty close by. Definitely keeping all of you in my prayers
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sizzle7451 wrote: »
    Its real here in Baltimore! ! Keep us in ur prayers..... the riots are no joke here right now.

You and your family stay safe. My prayers go out there for yours and mine
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    This is one reason why normal everyday people should be armed.

!!!!

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Oh not good!Stay safe. Why are they rioting?

There is reasons for protest. Protesting is good when it stays peaceful. What these fools are doing is mind boggling to me. I guess I cannot understand stupidity.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    Prayers for you and all in your city. Get rid of that mayor!!!

OH she said don't twist my words around. She needs to have someone else take over because she is clueless.

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Prayers to all involved. Stay safe. A Nationwide "credible threat" alert has been issued.
  • yopeeps025
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    Prayers to all involved. Stay safe. A Nationwide "credible threat" alert has been issued.

Nationwide? OK I did just look it up and yes it was sent out nationwide but it's not really a nationwide threat I think. Now Baltimore I am sure the threat is still in effect.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Yes, nationwide!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Glynn20 wrote: »

Nationwide? OK I did just look it up and yes it was sent out nationwide but it's not really a nationwide threat I think. Now Baltimore I am sure the threat is still in effect.

The threat in Baltimore is higher than most places in the nation but LEO's everywhere should be on guard, certainly.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Angry mother beats son for participating in Baltimore riots
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlmCf1Kj2o

lol

Too bad the rest of their mother's don't care enough to get them off the street. Especially considering many of them are juveniles.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The sad part of this is that the folks that are being hurt are their neighbors. Innocent people. Why did they burn down a senior center? What did those people do wrong? The media is focusing on the rioting...what about the peaceful protest I read about? I don't recall the number of people, but there was a HUGE racially mixed protest in another part of the city. Now THAT says something. Be safe in Baltimore.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They are just fighting violence with even more violence. How do they think that will solve anything? They're acting like complete animals.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    Too bad the rest of their mother's don't care enough to get them off the street. Especially considering many of them are juveniles.

Agreed.

Too bad if the wrong person sees that video, she's going to have trouble of her own with law enforcement for hitting her kid. Hopefully not. She didn't beat him as the caption said, but regardless, hopefully for doing the right thing she ends up in no trouble herself.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    fbmandy55 wrote: »

Agreed.

Too bad if the wrong person sees that video, she's going to have trouble of her own with law enforcement for hitting her kid. Hopefully not. She didn't beat him as the caption said, but regardless, hopefully for doing the right thing she ends up in no trouble herself.

No, the police were glad she did that...

abcnews.go.com/US/baltimore-mom-smacks-son-taking-part-violence/story?id=30639845

At a news conference Monday, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts referenced one mother who grabbed her son and smacked him on the head, although it is unclear whether this is the same mother caught on video.

"I wish I had more parents that took charge of their kids out there tonight," Batts said.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    These children do not know better. Why is that? I don't know.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    A peaceful and, IMO, justifiable protest overshadowed by opportunist thugs. Makes me ill. I hope you and your's came to no harm last night. :(
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I saw Yahoo's photo gallery and some of the kids throwing bricks at police cars were as young as 10 years old. No parents around. It's a problem that is going to be around for generation after generation. Kids are running the streets, raised by parents who were running the streets, etc, etc.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how looting, burning and vandalizing small business owners helps their cause. Just a bunch of opportunistic thugs that see an opportunity to steal.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I don't understand how looting, burning and vandalizing small business owners helps their cause. Just a bunch of opportunistic thugs that see an opportunity to steal.

We don't understand because we have common sense maybe. I don't know either. I don't get it. CNN for me yesterday, living very close to Baltimore, was like watching a movie knowing it will build to what happens after dark.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    When it's all said and done all they have done is destroy their own community. Except, of course, the professional rabble rousers that will leave to search for a new opportunity to riot.