What activity level am I

So I am a stay at home mom. I run after my 16 month old picking up messes all day long. I cook, and I clean. I run errands. At the end of the day I am very worn out. Would this be considered active or lightly active?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I would say at least lightly active...probably close ot active, but go with lightly to see how it goes at first...if you are losing too quickly then you can change it.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I would say at least lightly active...probably close ot active, but go with lightly to see how it goes at first...if you are losing too quickly then you can change it.
    ^^ What She Said.

I'm a SAHM and I've found I really sit a lot, because I don't bother doing the "cleaning up after the kids" during the day! LOL The house gets one 20 minute sweep to pick up toys and junk at the end of the day and real cleaning on the weekends, but during the day I just can't stand to see everything I JUST picked up thrown back out on the floor, so I just don't bother anymore!
  • Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    I'm kind of ocd when it comes to cleaning. I also have a hyper 6 year old and my husband doesn't clean up anything. I like things neat and organized. I have had it set at lightly active and was having a hard time losing. I was eating way over my calories the past two weeks and have not gained anything! I think I needed to up my calories but I'm not sure.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Lightly active.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    I agree--lightly active.

Do you have a FitBit or other pedometer? That might give you a more accurate picture.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Lightly active
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    I am a sahm set to sedentary on here, but by 11am usually have extra calories from my fitbit due to all mom activities.

So lightly active.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I agree lightly active. I am home with a 6 month old, clean, play with him and do all that running around. I go to the gym too but I still have my settings as lightly active because I also sit around a lot, drive to my errands and ocassionally have a 1 hour nap. If I didn't go to the gym I'd consider myself pretty sedentary.
  • heidisunmagg
    heidisunmagg Posts: 15 Member
    I am a sahm set to sedentary on here, but by 11am usually have extra calories from my fitbit due to all mom activities.

So lightly active.
    I also have mine set to sedentary with my misfit adding extra calories.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited May 2015
    When in doubt pick the least active option.

Your more likely to lose at your goal loss per week and what is the difference between the two calorie wise? 400 ish calories for me. So not insignificant but not a major amount either.

Also I did it again. I messed with the weight loss goal and just lost another 50 calories because of weight loss.