New to MFP

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a 33 year-old single mother of one. I weigh 160, which is what I weighed when I was pregnant with my son almost 8 years ago. I'd like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120. This is the start of my 4th week with no soda, as well as working with a personal trainor. I just want to feel healthy again!

Replies

• satindoll_101
    satindoll_101 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You can do it!!! I am a mother of 1 year old and am also trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I didn't gain that much during pregnancy but only lost 7 lbs since my baby was born (I wasn't careful with what I ate and had no time to exercise, and BF couldn't burn that many calories so I think if I did lose some weight I may have gained it back!!) But trying to get back in shape again and fit in my old clothes again!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best of luck in achieving your goal!
  • Sweet12782
    Sweet12782 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Sure! Most of us "old timers" remember when we first started MFP. You kind of have to take a leap of faith that the system that has worked for millions of people can work for you. And it can! Just settle in, eat a modest calorie deficit, exercise moderately, get enough sleep (sleep deprivation messes with hormones that regulate appetite) and stick with it. It took me a year to lose 50 pounds, but I've maintained it now for almost 3 years. Youll get there too!

Lots of good resources and people on MFP. Best wishes to you!